Farrah Abraham defends waxing & tweezing 3-year-old daughter's eyebrows
- Photo: Farrah Abraham/@F1abraham/Twitter1 of 9
- Photo: InTouch/.2 of 9
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Richard Drew/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: MTV/Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- Housewives star weds in FloridaMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 8:24:57 PM
- The Best, Worst, and Most Ridiculous of the Week: 14 Showbiz Stories You Can't MissMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 7:06:58 PM
- How Many Different Companies Can Bid on Hulu? Too ManyMSNEntertainment 5/17/2013 6:41:48 PM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'
"Teen Mom" standout Farrah Abraham made headlines Tuesday after she wrote a blog about waxing her 3-year-old daughter Sophia's eyebrows. Despite criticism over her parenting decision, the MTV star tells ABC News it was the right thing to do.
"People just kept commenting on a unibrow," Abraham, 20, explained in an interview that aired Wednesday on "Good Morning America." "And I was like, maybe I am letting it go too far."
Abraham shared in her blog post that her daughter "freaked out" when she put a dab of wax on her eyebrows. So instead, the mom decided to use her tweezers to pluck her brows while she was asleep.
The "Teen Mom" star has been criticized for being too obsessed with her appearance. After undergoing breast augmentation in 2011 (to go from an A to a C cup), Abraham received a $16,000 rhinoplasty and chin implant on Oct. 7.
"Cosmetic surgeries, to me, are something that is way different from plucking your eyebrows," Abraham explained to ABC News.
Though ABC News reported that dermatologists recommend that plucking only begins after age 7 or 8, Abraham is happy with her decision.
"If I can help my daughter in a little way by just plucking a few hairs ... I think I did something right," she said.
The young mom furthered defended her action on Twitter. "Unibrows are not sacred! Do the right thing tweeze no matter what age," she wrote Tuesday. The following day she added, "Sophia's beautiful with unibrow or without! Point is take care of your child's hygiene."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See what stars like Katy Perry, Madonna, Faith Hill, Pamela Anderson and Rihanna look like in candid moments without makeup.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
We look back at the Kardashian clan's Greek yachting trip on April 27.Watch Video »
See which celebs had the best and worst beach bodies of 2012.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite