Farrah Abraham defends waxing & tweezing 3-year-old daughter's eyebrows
- Photo: Farrah Abraham/@F1abraham/Twitter1 of 9
- Photo: InTouch/.2 of 9
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: MTV/Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:25 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 12:25:10 PM
- Man fatally shot backstage at California concertMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 12:25:01 PM
- Snake Bites Nicki Minaj's Backup Dancer at VMA RehearsalMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 10:15:00 AM
- VIDEO: Watch the First Five Minutes of Lifetime's Saved By the Bell MovieMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:31:00 AM
- Iggy Azalea Posts Video of Stage Fall on InstagramMSNEntertainment 8/23/2014 8:24:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:25 p.m. EDT
"Teen Mom" standout Farrah Abraham made headlines Tuesday after she wrote a blog about waxing her 3-year-old daughter Sophia's eyebrows. Despite criticism over her parenting decision, the MTV star tells ABC News it was the right thing to do.
"People just kept commenting on a unibrow," Abraham, 20, explained in an interview that aired Wednesday on "Good Morning America." "And I was like, maybe I am letting it go too far."
Abraham shared in her blog post that her daughter "freaked out" when she put a dab of wax on her eyebrows. So instead, the mom decided to use her tweezers to pluck her brows while she was asleep.
The "Teen Mom" star has been criticized for being too obsessed with her appearance. After undergoing breast augmentation in 2011 (to go from an A to a C cup), Abraham received a $16,000 rhinoplasty and chin implant on Oct. 7.
"Cosmetic surgeries, to me, are something that is way different from plucking your eyebrows," Abraham explained to ABC News.
Though ABC News reported that dermatologists recommend that plucking only begins after age 7 or 8, Abraham is happy with her decision.
"If I can help my daughter in a little way by just plucking a few hairs ... I think I did something right," she said.
The young mom furthered defended her action on Twitter. "Unibrows are not sacred! Do the right thing tweeze no matter what age," she wrote Tuesday. The following day she added, "Sophia's beautiful with unibrow or without! Point is take care of your child's hygiene."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
From Gwen Stefani to Britney Spears, check out some of the best all-time style moments from the Teen Choice Awards.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Kerry Washington and more stars who've married football stars.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCausin' Trouble
From Crowd Ignite