Farrah Abraham defends waxing & tweezing 3-year-old daughter's eyebrows
- Photo: Farrah Abraham/@F1abraham/Twitter1 of 9
- Photo: InTouch/.2 of 9
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Richard Drew/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: MTV/Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects BoostMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:42:06 PM
- Aviva Drescher Signs on to 'Real Housewives of New York' (Again)MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 6:41:10 PM
- Ryan Seacrest, Simon Cowell React to Mentor Mike Darnell's Fox Exit MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:34:30 PM
- Cannes Deal Wrap: Weinstein Co., Lionsgate Score Sunny Sales at Rain-Drenched MarketMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:27:40 PM
- Cannes: Sony Pictures Classic Acquires Jim Jarmusch's 'Only Lovers Left Alive&MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 5:04:13 PM
- PowerGrid's Biggest Movers of the Week: Chris Pine, Noah Baumbach's Projects Boost
"Teen Mom" standout Farrah Abraham made headlines Tuesday after she wrote a blog about waxing her 3-year-old daughter Sophia's eyebrows. Despite criticism over her parenting decision, the MTV star tells ABC News it was the right thing to do.
"People just kept commenting on a unibrow," Abraham, 20, explained in an interview that aired Wednesday on "Good Morning America." "And I was like, maybe I am letting it go too far."
Abraham shared in her blog post that her daughter "freaked out" when she put a dab of wax on her eyebrows. So instead, the mom decided to use her tweezers to pluck her brows while she was asleep.
The "Teen Mom" star has been criticized for being too obsessed with her appearance. After undergoing breast augmentation in 2011 (to go from an A to a C cup), Abraham received a $16,000 rhinoplasty and chin implant on Oct. 7.
"Cosmetic surgeries, to me, are something that is way different from plucking your eyebrows," Abraham explained to ABC News.
Though ABC News reported that dermatologists recommend that plucking only begins after age 7 or 8, Abraham is happy with her decision.
"If I can help my daughter in a little way by just plucking a few hairs ... I think I did something right," she said.
The young mom furthered defended her action on Twitter. "Unibrows are not sacred! Do the right thing tweeze no matter what age," she wrote Tuesday. The following day she added, "Sophia's beautiful with unibrow or without! Point is take care of your child's hygiene."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Who Am I?
Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Katy Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite