Farrah Abraham defends waxing & tweezing 3-year-old daughter's eyebrows
- Photo: Farrah Abraham/@F1abraham/Twitter1 of 9
- Photo: InTouch/.2 of 9
- Photo: SETH BROWARNIK/StarTraks3 of 9
- Photo: Richard Drew/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Chris Bott/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Splash News6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: MTV/Promotional8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious MaidsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:37:00 AM
- Idris Elba and Girlfriend Welcome SonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 7:02:00 AM
- Aereo CEO 'Hoping for a Clear Decision' From Supreme CourtMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:54:00 AM
- Parenthood Season Finale Recap: Amber and Ryan's New Obstacle and Haddie's Big SecMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:41:00 AM
- Parks and Recreation Finale Enlists Workaholics' Blake AndersonMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 6:23:00 AM
- Where We Left Off and What's Next on Devious Maids
"Teen Mom" standout Farrah Abraham made headlines Tuesday after she wrote a blog about waxing her 3-year-old daughter Sophia's eyebrows. Despite criticism over her parenting decision, the MTV star tells ABC News it was the right thing to do.
"People just kept commenting on a unibrow," Abraham, 20, explained in an interview that aired Wednesday on "Good Morning America." "And I was like, maybe I am letting it go too far."
Abraham shared in her blog post that her daughter "freaked out" when she put a dab of wax on her eyebrows. So instead, the mom decided to use her tweezers to pluck her brows while she was asleep.
The "Teen Mom" star has been criticized for being too obsessed with her appearance. After undergoing breast augmentation in 2011 (to go from an A to a C cup), Abraham received a $16,000 rhinoplasty and chin implant on Oct. 7.
"Cosmetic surgeries, to me, are something that is way different from plucking your eyebrows," Abraham explained to ABC News.
Though ABC News reported that dermatologists recommend that plucking only begins after age 7 or 8, Abraham is happy with her decision.
"If I can help my daughter in a little way by just plucking a few hairs ... I think I did something right," she said.
The young mom furthered defended her action on Twitter. "Unibrows are not sacred! Do the right thing tweeze no matter what age," she wrote Tuesday. The following day she added, "Sophia's beautiful with unibrow or without! Point is take care of your child's hygiene."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite