Flavor Flav's fiancee hospitalized during filming of VH1's 'Couples Therapy'
- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: WENN3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: JM5/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: K. Terrell/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Flavor Flav and his fiancee, Liz Trujillo, are no strangers to drama. They have so much of it, in fact, that they're working through their issues on VH1's "Couples Therapy." But on Monday, things took a scary turn when Trujillo -- the mother of one of the Public Enemy rapper's seven children -- had to be hospitalized while they were filming the reality series.
It's unclear, though, what led to the hospitalization. TMZ initially reported that the 39-year-old overdosed on painkillers, a scenario that was confirmed by E! News. A VH1 rep told the site that the alleged overdose was accidental and that Trujillo was fine and had been taken to the hospital just as a precaution.
However, a spokesperson for Flavor Flav later denied this version of events and gave a different account to TMZ. "The claim of an overdose, or any involvement of drugs, could not be further from the truth," the rep said. Instead, Trujillo was treated for exhaustion after being kept awake all night for filming.
"Couples Therapy" is just the latest VH1 reality series for Flavor Flav. He previously appeared on "The Surreal Life," where he developed a relationship with actress Brigitte Nielsen, and then on "Strange Love," a spin-off about the couple's relationship. When Nielsen left him to go back to her fiance, he got his own show, "Flavor of Love," about his search for romance.
Trujillo wasn't a contestant on the series, but she somehow ended up with a proposal on the reunion show anyway. The couple have been engaged since 2008.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jake Talks 'Code'
Watch as Jake Gyllenhaal talks about his upcoming flick "Source Code."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite