Flavor Flav's fiancee hospitalized during filming of VH1's 'Couples Therapy'
- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: WENN3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: JM5/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: K. Terrell/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Flavor Flav and his fiancee, Liz Trujillo, are no strangers to drama. They have so much of it, in fact, that they're working through their issues on VH1's "Couples Therapy." But on Monday, things took a scary turn when Trujillo -- the mother of one of the Public Enemy rapper's seven children -- had to be hospitalized while they were filming the reality series.
It's unclear, though, what led to the hospitalization. TMZ initially reported that the 39-year-old overdosed on painkillers, a scenario that was confirmed by E! News. A VH1 rep told the site that the alleged overdose was accidental and that Trujillo was fine and had been taken to the hospital just as a precaution.
However, a spokesperson for Flavor Flav later denied this version of events and gave a different account to TMZ. "The claim of an overdose, or any involvement of drugs, could not be further from the truth," the rep said. Instead, Trujillo was treated for exhaustion after being kept awake all night for filming.
"Couples Therapy" is just the latest VH1 reality series for Flavor Flav. He previously appeared on "The Surreal Life," where he developed a relationship with actress Brigitte Nielsen, and then on "Strange Love," a spin-off about the couple's relationship. When Nielsen left him to go back to her fiance, he got his own show, "Flavor of Love," about his search for romance.
Trujillo wasn't a contestant on the series, but she somehow ended up with a proposal on the reunion show anyway. The couple have been engaged since 2008.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite