Flavor Flav's fiancee hospitalized during filming of VH1's 'Couples Therapy'
- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 9
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN2 of 9
- Photo: WENN3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Rick Diamond/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: M. Caulfield/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: JM5/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: K. Terrell/WireImage.com8 of 9
More Celeb News
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and DevelopmentMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Bryan Singer Accuser Michael Egan Drops Sex Abuse LawsuitMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Pivot Network Now Available on College Streaming Service PhiloMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:31:00 PM
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Attracts 2.3 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 3:14:00 PM
- Chiller 'As Above, So Below' Tries to Put Scare Into 'Guardians'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 2:53:00 PM
- NBC Promotes Jenny Groom to Senior Vice President, Alternative Programming and Development
Flavor Flav and his fiancee, Liz Trujillo, are no strangers to drama. They have so much of it, in fact, that they're working through their issues on VH1's "Couples Therapy." But on Monday, things took a scary turn when Trujillo -- the mother of one of the Public Enemy rapper's seven children -- had to be hospitalized while they were filming the reality series.
It's unclear, though, what led to the hospitalization. TMZ initially reported that the 39-year-old overdosed on painkillers, a scenario that was confirmed by E! News. A VH1 rep told the site that the alleged overdose was accidental and that Trujillo was fine and had been taken to the hospital just as a precaution.
However, a spokesperson for Flavor Flav later denied this version of events and gave a different account to TMZ. "The claim of an overdose, or any involvement of drugs, could not be further from the truth," the rep said. Instead, Trujillo was treated for exhaustion after being kept awake all night for filming.
"Couples Therapy" is just the latest VH1 reality series for Flavor Flav. He previously appeared on "The Surreal Life," where he developed a relationship with actress Brigitte Nielsen, and then on "Strange Love," a spin-off about the couple's relationship. When Nielsen left him to go back to her fiance, he got his own show, "Flavor of Love," about his search for romance.
Trujillo wasn't a contestant on the series, but she somehow ended up with a proposal on the reunion show anyway. The couple have been engaged since 2008.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite