Frankie Muniz on mini-stroke: "I'm happy I'm alive"
- Photo: James Atoa/Everett/Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: John Sciulli / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
On his 27th birthday, Frankie Muniz is counting his blessings.
The reason? The former "Malcolm in the Middle" star, who turned 27 on Wednesday, Dec. 5, suffered a mini-stroke last week, as TMZ reported Tuesday.
"I couldn't say words. I thought I was saying them! My fiancee was looking at me like I was speaking a foreign language," Muniz explained on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday.
Concerned about his behavior (a source told TMZ the actor had difficulty comprehending others' speech, as well as speaking on his own), Muniz's friends took him to the ER.
During his "GMA" interview, the actor also revealed he knew something was wrong when he lost vision in one eye while riding his motorcycle. (Muniz claimed he doesn't do drugs, drink or smoke cigarettes.)
"I can't get a deep breath in," the still-stunned Muniz confessed. "I'm still trying to make sense of it, but I'm happy I'm alive."
According to a report by "ABC News," between 10 and 15 percent of stroke sufferers are under age 45.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite