Frankie Muniz on mini-stroke: "I'm happy I'm alive"
- Photo: James Atoa/Everett/Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: John Sciulli / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
On his 27th birthday, Frankie Muniz is counting his blessings.
The reason? The former "Malcolm in the Middle" star, who turned 27 on Wednesday, Dec. 5, suffered a mini-stroke last week, as TMZ reported Tuesday.
"I couldn't say words. I thought I was saying them! My fiancee was looking at me like I was speaking a foreign language," Muniz explained on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday.
Concerned about his behavior (a source told TMZ the actor had difficulty comprehending others' speech, as well as speaking on his own), Muniz's friends took him to the ER.
During his "GMA" interview, the actor also revealed he knew something was wrong when he lost vision in one eye while riding his motorcycle. (Muniz claimed he doesn't do drugs, drink or smoke cigarettes.)
"I can't get a deep breath in," the still-stunned Muniz confessed. "I'm still trying to make sense of it, but I'm happy I'm alive."
According to a report by "ABC News," between 10 and 15 percent of stroke sufferers are under age 45.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite