Frankie Muniz on mini-stroke: "I'm happy I'm alive"
- Photo: James Atoa/Everett/Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: John Sciulli / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to MondMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 8:45:00 AM
- Watch This Tonight: The Real Housewives of New York CityMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:07:00 AM
- Javier Bardem, Penelope Cruz, Pedro Almodovar Condemn Israel for Gaza AttacksMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 7:04:00 AM
- Ethan Hawke, Kevin Smith, Jean-Luc Godard Among New Crop of Directors Sending Films to TorontoMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:58:00 AM
- Die Hard Star James Shigeta Dies at 81MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:49:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Bachelorette' Finale and 'Final Rose' Lead ABC to Mond
On his 27th birthday, Frankie Muniz is counting his blessings.
The reason? The former "Malcolm in the Middle" star, who turned 27 on Wednesday, Dec. 5, suffered a mini-stroke last week, as TMZ reported Tuesday.
"I couldn't say words. I thought I was saying them! My fiancee was looking at me like I was speaking a foreign language," Muniz explained on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday.
Concerned about his behavior (a source told TMZ the actor had difficulty comprehending others' speech, as well as speaking on his own), Muniz's friends took him to the ER.
During his "GMA" interview, the actor also revealed he knew something was wrong when he lost vision in one eye while riding his motorcycle. (Muniz claimed he doesn't do drugs, drink or smoke cigarettes.)
"I can't get a deep breath in," the still-stunned Muniz confessed. "I'm still trying to make sense of it, but I'm happy I'm alive."
According to a report by "ABC News," between 10 and 15 percent of stroke sufferers are under age 45.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite