Frankie Muniz on mini-stroke: "I'm happy I'm alive"
- Photo: James Atoa/Everett/Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: John Sciulli / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UKMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:34:00 PM
- Fox Reorganizes Development and Programming DepartmentsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Dan Harmon and Mitch Hurwitz Are Working on a Super-Secret ProjectMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Sean Combs Bids Reported $200 Million for Fuse TV NetworkMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:12:00 PM
- Psych's James Roday to Star in CBS Relationship Comedy PilotMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 4:07:00 PM
- Cheryl Cole Reunites With Simon Cowell for 'X Factor' UK
On his 27th birthday, Frankie Muniz is counting his blessings.
The reason? The former "Malcolm in the Middle" star, who turned 27 on Wednesday, Dec. 5, suffered a mini-stroke last week, as TMZ reported Tuesday.
"I couldn't say words. I thought I was saying them! My fiancee was looking at me like I was speaking a foreign language," Muniz explained on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday.
Concerned about his behavior (a source told TMZ the actor had difficulty comprehending others' speech, as well as speaking on his own), Muniz's friends took him to the ER.
During his "GMA" interview, the actor also revealed he knew something was wrong when he lost vision in one eye while riding his motorcycle. (Muniz claimed he doesn't do drugs, drink or smoke cigarettes.)
"I can't get a deep breath in," the still-stunned Muniz confessed. "I'm still trying to make sense of it, but I'm happy I'm alive."
According to a report by "ABC News," between 10 and 15 percent of stroke sufferers are under age 45.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Oscar nominee Lupita Nyong’o shares her awards season journey (and meetings with Oprah, Sidney Poitier and the Dalai Lama!) on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Drunk In Love
Jessica Simpon, Gisele Bundchen and more celebs share intimate pics of their partners on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite