Frankie Muniz on mini-stroke: "I'm happy I'm alive"
- Photo: James Atoa/Everett/Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: Patrick Rideaux/Rex USA2 of 7
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA4 of 7
- Photo: John Sciulli / BEImages/Rex USA5 of 7
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Simpsons' Producer Lands 'How Murray Saved Christmas' Special aMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:41:53 PM
- 'The Voice' Winner: Who Did the Experts Choose?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:39:01 PM
- Does the Kardashian-Spawned 'American Psycho' Spoof Keep Up With the Original? (ViMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 1:12:43 PM
- Could the Future of Legendary TV Be on Netflix?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:43:41 PM
- As Music-Competition Shows Slide, What Does It Take to Make a Hit?MSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 12:37:01 PM
- 'Simpsons' Producer Lands 'How Murray Saved Christmas' Special a
On his 27th birthday, Frankie Muniz is counting his blessings.
The reason? The former "Malcolm in the Middle" star, who turned 27 on Wednesday, Dec. 5, suffered a mini-stroke last week, as TMZ reported Tuesday.
"I couldn't say words. I thought I was saying them! My fiancee was looking at me like I was speaking a foreign language," Muniz explained on "Good Morning America" on Wednesday.
Concerned about his behavior (a source told TMZ the actor had difficulty comprehending others' speech, as well as speaking on his own), Muniz's friends took him to the ER.
During his "GMA" interview, the actor also revealed he knew something was wrong when he lost vision in one eye while riding his motorcycle. (Muniz claimed he doesn't do drugs, drink or smoke cigarettes.)
"I can't get a deep breath in," the still-stunned Muniz confessed. "I'm still trying to make sense of it, but I'm happy I'm alive."
According to a report by "ABC News," between 10 and 15 percent of stroke sufferers are under age 45.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Fashion Offenders for June 14, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for June 6, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 31, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 24, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for May 17, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 10, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for May 3, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 26, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 19, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for April 12, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for April 5, 2013.
- Fashion Offenders for March 29, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 22, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 15, 2013
- Fashion Offenders for March 8, 2013
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite