Fred Armisen on failed marriage to Elisabeth Moss: 'I was a terrible husband'
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Jennifer Currell/Retna Ltd.2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: WENN8 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks10 of 17
- Photo: AMC/Promotional11 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage15 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler PictureMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy's New Reason for Ouster from 'The View:' She's ToMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:58:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Arianna Huffington on HuffPost's Upcoming Middle East Edition, Doc Ambitions and 115 MillioMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Braves Blizzards in Latest 'Interstellar' Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:27:00 PM
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler Picture
Fred Armisen is taking the blame for his failed marriage to Elisabeth Moss.
"She must f--king hate you," Stern, 58, told Armisen, who replied, "I imagine so."
"I've read some quotes from her about you," Stern said. "She [said] you're a great actor, but too bad you didn't act like a human being ... you must have been a terrible husband."
Armisen admitted, "I think I was a terrible husband, I think I'm a terrible boyfriend."
The "Portlandia" star married the "Mad Men" actress, 30, in October 2009 after dating for one year. Though he's trying to work on his bad behaviors, Armisen said he gets "very caught up in the beginning."
"I want it all -- fast," he explained. "I want to be married ... the amount of girls I've lived with right away ... and then somewhere around a year, two years, I get freaked out."
"Do you feel entitled to more women?" Stern asked.
"I don't want to admit that out loud to myself," Armisen said, "but that probably is it."
And to end his relationship, the "SNL" star admits he starts doing things to make the person hate him.
"[It's] awful ... you sort of withdraw and you sort of get into all the things you think make you weird, like 'I'm really into playing Xbox ... [or my] record collection.' You sort of disappear into the things that you think are just your hobbies."
"It must be so shocking to the woman because you're this guy who is so super-attentive in the beginning ... and you are like the best boyfriend in the beginning, and then you become the worst boyfriend," Stern explained.
"I feel bad for everyone I've gone out with," Armisen said.
Armisen's marriage to Moss was his second. He was previously married to English singer and songwriter Sally Timms from 1998 to 2004, but told Stern their marriage was "more for her green card."
Shortly after splitting from Moss, Armisen began dating his "SNL" co-star Abby Elliott, but the romance "just fizzled," he told Stern.
The co-workers ended things on "so-so terms." Though Elliott, 25, has since left the show, Armisen said, "Once in a while, it would kind of be a little weird at work, but I have to say, for the most part, it was fine. The year that I worked with her where I was dating her, it was non-eventful."
When Stern asked if he had her fired, Armisen replied, "I would never do anything like that."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite