'Fred' star Lucas Cruikshank reveals he's gay
- Photo: Brian To/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN2 of 4
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:37:00 AM
- Lorde to perform lead single, curate tracks for 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:23:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:10 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:10:19 AM
- Starz' 'Outlander' brings novels to life vibrantlyMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 8:01:52 AM
- New Mexico city OKs funds to lure 'The Bachelor'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 7:44:42 AM
- Ratings: Halle Berry's 'Extant' Flat in New Time Period, Ties Rising &
YouTube sensation-turned TV star Lucas Cruikshank has come out as gay in typical style -- by posting an internet video!
The actor and creator of the widely successful YouTube shorts starring his character, Fred Figglehorn, revealed his sexuality in a new video that featured questions from viewers. Lucas appears in the video with his friend Jennifer Veal, a star of the Disney Channel show "Jessie."
When Jennifer relays a viewer's question and asks "Are you gay?," Lucas responds, "I'm gay ... I feel so weird saying it." He then adds, "My family and friends have known for like three years. I just haven't felt the need to post it on the internet." When questioned, Jennifer also admits that she knew her friend was gay the first time the two met.
Lucas first got famous in 2007 when he created his character Fred for a YouTube series, which eventually spawned three films and a television series. He most recently starred in the Nickelodeon series "Marvin Marvin."
Lucas reflected on his success in an interview with ETonline last year. "I'd always wanted to be in the entertainment business," he said. "But when I first started YouTube-ing, fame wasn't on my mind. This was before [Justin Bieber] had been discovered online, so that wasn't a thought in my mind. I was just having fun with my family and friends. I thought it would be like MySpace, where only your friends could see it, but I quickly discovered that the entire world could see it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite