'Fred' star Lucas Cruikshank reveals he's gay
- Photo: Brian To/WENN1 of 4
- Photo: JAD/ZOJ/WENN2 of 4
- Photo: BT1/WENN3 of 4
More Celeb News
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- ESPN Combining Grantland, Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight, ESPN Films Into One UnitMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:24:00 AM
- Rodriguez gives it to viewers straight with El ReyMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:02:28 AM
- Efron: I'll Accept MTV Movie Award Shirtless!MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:37:00 AM
- Ruffalo and Bomer Kiss In 'The Normal Heart' TeaserMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:18:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90
YouTube sensation-turned TV star Lucas Cruikshank has come out as gay in typical style -- by posting an internet video!
The actor and creator of the widely successful YouTube shorts starring his character, Fred Figglehorn, revealed his sexuality in a new video that featured questions from viewers. Lucas appears in the video with his friend Jennifer Veal, a star of the Disney Channel show "Jessie."
When Jennifer relays a viewer's question and asks "Are you gay?," Lucas responds, "I'm gay ... I feel so weird saying it." He then adds, "My family and friends have known for like three years. I just haven't felt the need to post it on the internet." When questioned, Jennifer also admits that she knew her friend was gay the first time the two met.
Lucas first got famous in 2007 when he created his character Fred for a YouTube series, which eventually spawned three films and a television series. He most recently starred in the Nickelodeon series "Marvin Marvin."
Lucas reflected on his success in an interview with ETonline last year. "I'd always wanted to be in the entertainment business," he said. "But when I first started YouTube-ing, fame wasn't on my mind. This was before [Justin Bieber] had been discovered online, so that wasn't a thought in my mind. I was just having fun with my family and friends. I thought it would be like MySpace, where only your friends could see it, but I quickly discovered that the entire world could see it."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite