'Full House' co-stars John Stamos, Bob Saget and Candace Cameron Bure reunite, reminisce about show
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: @candacecbure/Instagram2 of 12
- Photo: Greg Allen/.3 of 12
- Photo: @candacecbure/Instagram4 of 12
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/Getty Images North America5 of 12
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional6 of 12
- Photo: @JohnStamos/Twitter7 of 12
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.9 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Back together again!
"Full House" co-stars John Stamos, Bob Saget and Candace Cameron Bure reunited at the Starlight Awards at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles on Sept. 25. The '90s TV stars posed for a photo together on the red carpet and reminisced with Us Weekly about starring on the beloved ABC sitcom.
"There was actually a lot of love, that's why the show's a hit," Saget, 57, told Us. "It was a nicely written kid show for 12-year-old kids, mostly girl friendly. Any cast that does well now is because there's stuff going on that's not in the lines where you can see there's a spark going on with them, and that's with the love of that show. This was a kid show and a family show so we all genuinely have affection, a love for each other."
"It is a part of culture and it's not going away," the actor added. "Little kids are watching it now like it just started, so it's really quite funny. The biggest compliment I get, me especially because I'm the oldest, is, 'You look the same!' I'm like, 'No I don't, dude, I'm all older and puffy,' but they're like, 'No, no.'
Fans of the show also still refer to Saget as his character name, Danny Tanner.
"It's like being in a Big Bird suit," the stand-up comedian explained, "but it's an honor having done a show that so many people love."
Stamos, 50, told Us that the same thing happens to him, with fans calling him Uncle Jesse -- but he doesn't mind it a bit. "I've done so much work since then, but it just doesn't ever go away. I never tried to run from it, but I've really embraced it the last 10 years," he said. "I'm proud of it and then [the] main thing is that I really feel that 'Full House' helped a lot with Starlight, and we helped a lot of kids through 'Full House' through the Uncle Jesse thing to make a lot of kids happy," Stamos said Wednesday of the charity, which helps families with hospitalized children. "I could be called worse, right?"
The "Glee" guest star also still gets a lot of attention for being a hot eligible bachelor. Cameron Bure, 37, who played D.J. Tanner on "Full House," told Us that she's hoping he gets taken off the market soon. "I can't think of a name," she said when asked who she'd love to see him with. "Someone who just makes him happy. He's such a great guy!"
Stamos, however, who was previously married to Rebecca Romijn from 1998 to 2005, isn't so sure he wants to settle down. When asked if he is going to be an ultimate bachelor and the new George Clooney, Stamos told Us it's a possibility.
"I'm the old George Clooney! George is only one year older than me, I think," he said of the 52-year-old actor. "I always used to look at George and go, 'Aww man, I don't know about that life, I'd like to settle down,' but now I'm pretty happy being a bachelor so ... I can just sort of walk in my own shoes, but I don't know."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite