'Full House' co-stars John Stamos, Bob Saget and Candace Cameron Bure reunite, reminisce about show
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 12
- Photo: @candacecbure/Instagram2 of 12
- Photo: Greg Allen/.3 of 12
- Photo: @candacecbure/Instagram4 of 12
- Photo: Michael Bezjian/Getty Images North America5 of 12
- Photo: Warner Bros./Promotional6 of 12
- Photo: @JohnStamos/Twitter7 of 12
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com8 of 12
- Photo: Twitter/.9 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Back together again!
"Full House" co-stars John Stamos, Bob Saget and Candace Cameron Bure reunited at the Starlight Awards at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles on Sept. 25. The '90s TV stars posed for a photo together on the red carpet and reminisced with Us Weekly about starring on the beloved ABC sitcom.
"There was actually a lot of love, that's why the show's a hit," Saget, 57, told Us. "It was a nicely written kid show for 12-year-old kids, mostly girl friendly. Any cast that does well now is because there's stuff going on that's not in the lines where you can see there's a spark going on with them, and that's with the love of that show. This was a kid show and a family show so we all genuinely have affection, a love for each other."
"It is a part of culture and it's not going away," the actor added. "Little kids are watching it now like it just started, so it's really quite funny. The biggest compliment I get, me especially because I'm the oldest, is, 'You look the same!' I'm like, 'No I don't, dude, I'm all older and puffy,' but they're like, 'No, no.'
Fans of the show also still refer to Saget as his character name, Danny Tanner.
"It's like being in a Big Bird suit," the stand-up comedian explained, "but it's an honor having done a show that so many people love."
Stamos, 50, told Us that the same thing happens to him, with fans calling him Uncle Jesse -- but he doesn't mind it a bit. "I've done so much work since then, but it just doesn't ever go away. I never tried to run from it, but I've really embraced it the last 10 years," he said. "I'm proud of it and then [the] main thing is that I really feel that 'Full House' helped a lot with Starlight, and we helped a lot of kids through 'Full House' through the Uncle Jesse thing to make a lot of kids happy," Stamos said Wednesday of the charity, which helps families with hospitalized children. "I could be called worse, right?"
The "Glee" guest star also still gets a lot of attention for being a hot eligible bachelor. Cameron Bure, 37, who played D.J. Tanner on "Full House," told Us that she's hoping he gets taken off the market soon. "I can't think of a name," she said when asked who she'd love to see him with. "Someone who just makes him happy. He's such a great guy!"
Stamos, however, who was previously married to Rebecca Romijn from 1998 to 2005, isn't so sure he wants to settle down. When asked if he is going to be an ultimate bachelor and the new George Clooney, Stamos told Us it's a possibility.
"I'm the old George Clooney! George is only one year older than me, I think," he said of the 52-year-old actor. "I always used to look at George and go, 'Aww man, I don't know about that life, I'd like to settle down,' but now I'm pretty happy being a bachelor so ... I can just sort of walk in my own shoes, but I don't know."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite