Gawker refuses court order in Hogan sex tape suit
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 9
- Photo: REHAB/Bauer-Griffin8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
UPDATED: Gawker has appealed the ruling, and on Monday morning, it got a Florida appeals court to issue an emergency stay of the temporary injunction in regards to a description of the tape. The two sides will soon be at the District Court of Appeal for the Second Circuit in Florida arguing the First Amendment issues at hand.
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- Editors at the gossip website Gawker say they're not complying with a Florida court order to remove material related to a privacy lawsuit involving former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan.
After Gawker appealed the ruling, a Florida appeals court issued "an emergency stay of temporary injunction in regards to the description of the tape" on Monday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
RELATED: Hulk Hogan wins restraining order against Gawker
Pinellas County Judge Pamela A.M. Campbell issued the initial order Wednesday. It tells Gawker to remove a video of Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, having sex with the ex-wife of disc jockey Bubba the Love Sponge Clem, as well as a 1,400-word narrative and hundreds of user-submitted comments.
The site took down the video, but the narrative and comments remain.
Gawker's attorney, Gregg Thomas, says the order infringes on the website's First Amendment rights.
Hogan's attorney, Charles J. Harder, told The Associated Press he's filing a motion asking the judge to find Gawker in civil contempt of court and impose sanctions.
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite