Gawker refuses court order in Hogan sex tape suit
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage2 of 9
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: GF/Bauer-Griffin7 of 9
- Photo: REHAB/Bauer-Griffin8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Charlie Sheen Goes Off on 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson for 'UMSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 4:15:31 PM
- Justine Sacco Fired by IAC for 'Offensive' AIDS in Africa TweetMSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 1:04:19 PM
- Colorized 'I Love Lucy' Recaptures Primetime TV's Top Spot 56 Years LaterMSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 11:47:58 AM
- David Coleman, Veteran BBC Sportscaster, Dead at 87MSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 10:35:43 AM
- In-Flight Wifi Provider Gogo Apologizes for Justine Sacco TweetMSNEntertainment 12/21/2013 9:56:11 AM
- Charlie Sheen Goes Off on 'Duck Dynasty's' Phil Robertson for 'U
UPDATED: Gawker has appealed the ruling, and on Monday morning, it got a Florida appeals court to issue an emergency stay of the temporary injunction in regards to a description of the tape. The two sides will soon be at the District Court of Appeal for the Second Circuit in Florida arguing the First Amendment issues at hand.
CLEARWATER, Fla. (AP) -- Editors at the gossip website Gawker say they're not complying with a Florida court order to remove material related to a privacy lawsuit involving former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan.
After Gawker appealed the ruling, a Florida appeals court issued "an emergency stay of temporary injunction in regards to the description of the tape" on Monday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
RELATED: Hulk Hogan wins restraining order against Gawker
Pinellas County Judge Pamela A.M. Campbell issued the initial order Wednesday. It tells Gawker to remove a video of Hogan, whose real name is Terry Bollea, having sex with the ex-wife of disc jockey Bubba the Love Sponge Clem, as well as a 1,400-word narrative and hundreds of user-submitted comments.
The site took down the video, but the narrative and comments remain.
Gawker's attorney, Gregg Thomas, says the order infringes on the website's First Amendment rights.
Hogan's attorney, Charles J. Harder, told The Associated Press he's filing a motion asking the judge to find Gawker in civil contempt of court and impose sanctions.
Where Are They?
See where the cast of "Beaches" is today.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kim Basinger, John Mayer, and Kristen Wiig all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Sarah Hyland and more stars share adorable photos of their pets in the holiday spirit on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Amanda Bynes post-rehab on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHot in 2013?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite