Gay rights campaigners urge Capital One to drop Alec Baldwin after gay slurs
- Photo: AJ Mast/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Shaun Mader/PatrickMcMullan.com/.2 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: IZ2/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 13
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks5 of 13
- Photo: NPA/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: NPA/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: JWNY/GSI9 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks11 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Gay rights campaigners are calling on bosses at banking giant Capital One to drop Alec Baldwin as a company spokesman following his homophobic online outburst.
The "30 Rock" star posted an expletive-filled tirade on his Twitter page aimed at reporter George Stark, who suggested in a Daily Mail article that Baldwin's wife, Hilaria, was tweeting during James Gandolfini's funeral last month.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Baldwin adamantly denied the allegation and targeted Stark by calling him a "toxic little queen" and a "lying little b**ch", ranting, "I am gonna f**k you up... I want all of my followers and beyond to straighten out this f**king little b**ch."
Now, a coalition of leading gay and straight activists are urging Capital One chiefs to drop the actor as the face of their credit card campaign.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Jimmy LaSalvia, co-founder of political action group GOProud for gay conservatives, tells Breitbart.com, "We urge all Americans to ask themselves, 'What's in your wallet?' We hope they will reject Alec Baldwin's homophobia by cutting up those Capital One cards in their wallets."
LaSalvia's colleague John Hawkins adds, "It's still a free country and Alec Baldwin can do as much gay bashing as he likes on Twitter, but it's hard to understand why Capital One would choose to publicly condone his homophobia by keeping Baldwin on as its spokesman. If Capital One is not going to do the right thing then Capital One doesn't deserve our business."
After his Twitter tirade, Baldwin issued an apology to gay rights group GLAAD. Capital One executives have yet to comments on his actions.
Get out the vote
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite