Gay rights campaigners urge Capital One to drop Alec Baldwin after gay slurs
- Photo: AJ Mast/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Shaun Mader/PatrickMcMullan.com/.2 of 13
- Photo: JM11/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: IZ2/http://www.wenn.com/4 of 13
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks5 of 13
- Photo: NPA/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: NPA/WENN7 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: JWNY/GSI9 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Peterson/Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks11 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Remaining U.S. Tour Dates After HospitalizationMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:52:00 PM
- White House Responds to Justin Bieber Deportation PetitionMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 2:41:00 PM
- White House Responds to 'Deport Justin Bieber' Petition: Is This the End for Our FMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 1:49:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to Prom
Gay rights campaigners are calling on bosses at banking giant Capital One to drop Alec Baldwin as a company spokesman following his homophobic online outburst.
The "30 Rock" star posted an expletive-filled tirade on his Twitter page aimed at reporter George Stark, who suggested in a Daily Mail article that Baldwin's wife, Hilaria, was tweeting during James Gandolfini's funeral last month.
RELATED: The royal couple's favorite sports
Baldwin adamantly denied the allegation and targeted Stark by calling him a "toxic little queen" and a "lying little b**ch", ranting, "I am gonna f**k you up... I want all of my followers and beyond to straighten out this f**king little b**ch."
Now, a coalition of leading gay and straight activists are urging Capital One chiefs to drop the actor as the face of their credit card campaign.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Jimmy LaSalvia, co-founder of political action group GOProud for gay conservatives, tells Breitbart.com, "We urge all Americans to ask themselves, 'What's in your wallet?' We hope they will reject Alec Baldwin's homophobia by cutting up those Capital One cards in their wallets."
LaSalvia's colleague John Hawkins adds, "It's still a free country and Alec Baldwin can do as much gay bashing as he likes on Twitter, but it's hard to understand why Capital One would choose to publicly condone his homophobia by keeping Baldwin on as its spokesman. If Capital One is not going to do the right thing then Capital One doesn't deserve our business."
After his Twitter tirade, Baldwin issued an apology to gay rights group GLAAD. Capital One executives have yet to comments on his actions.
Get out the vote
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite