Gia Allemand funeral: Ryan Anderson, 'Bachelor' alum attend NYC service
- Photo: PF1/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram4 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram5 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the BooksMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:41:00 PM
- 'The Knick' Star Eve Hewson in Talks to Join Tom Hanks in Steven Spielberg Movie (MSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:10:00 PM
- Time Warner Board Moves to Block Potential Fox TakeoverMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:04:00 PM
- The Truth About Corey Stoll's Wig and Other Fun Facts About FX's The StrainMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:54 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/21/2014 3:54:12 PM
- Guillermo del Toro's 'The Strain' Will Take Major Detours From the Books
Gia Allemand's loved ones are saying their goodbyes. A week and a day after the "Bachelor" star's shocking death at age 29 in New Orleans -- she took her own life -- the model was remembered at a public funeral service held at Trinity Grace Church in NYC Thursday, Aug. 22.
Attendees at the somber gathering included Allemand's boyfriend, NBA star Ryan Anderson, her mother Donna Micheletti and many "Bachelor" alum: Jaclyn Swartz, Rachel Truehart, Graham Bunn, Jenna Burke, Craig Robinson, Tyler Vermette, Ashleigh Hunt, Krissily Kennedy, Gwen Goia, Ames Brown and Jackie Gordon. Several of Anderson's teammates from the New Orleans Pelicans were also on hand to pay their respects.
As the intimate 45 minute Episcopalian service began, Allemand's favorite hymn, "Amazing Grace," played; the pastor told the mourners that Trinity was the church where the reality star "found God again." Two close friends lovingly eulogized Allemand at the pulpit. Anderson (he and Allemand were struggling in their relationship at the time of her suicide) and Allemand's mother Micheletti stayed close, comforting one another throughout the service; the pair became especially emotional as they followed Allemand's casket out of the church, according to an observer.
"The family of Gia Allemand wishes to express their sincerest gratitude to all those, near and far, who have extended words of encouragement and support during this time of incredible loss," a program from the service read. " Gia was the loving girlfriend "Petri" of Ryan "Snuggy" Anderson, beloved daughter and little princess of Donna Micheletti and stepdaughter of Tony Micheletti, loving sister of Dylan and Erick, most cherished granddaughter of Marie (Nonna) Coltrinari, devoted godchild of Fred and Annemarie Coltrinari, dear cousin of Brian, Ellen, Kevin and Julie, and also survived by her dear dog Bentley."
The day before, Allemand, a native of Queens, NY, was also remembered during a wake held at Papavero Funeral Home in Maspeth; Jake Pavelka, who met Allemand when he starred on season 14 of The Bachelor in 2010, was among the attendees.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite