Gia Allemand funeral: Ryan Anderson, 'Bachelor' alum attend NYC service
- Photo: PF1/WENN1 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: FS2/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram4 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram5 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
Gia Allemand's loved ones are saying their goodbyes. A week and a day after the "Bachelor" star's shocking death at age 29 in New Orleans -- she took her own life -- the model was remembered at a public funeral service held at Trinity Grace Church in NYC Thursday, Aug. 22.
Attendees at the somber gathering included Allemand's boyfriend, NBA star Ryan Anderson, her mother Donna Micheletti and many "Bachelor" alum: Jaclyn Swartz, Rachel Truehart, Graham Bunn, Jenna Burke, Craig Robinson, Tyler Vermette, Ashleigh Hunt, Krissily Kennedy, Gwen Goia, Ames Brown and Jackie Gordon. Several of Anderson's teammates from the New Orleans Pelicans were also on hand to pay their respects.
As the intimate 45 minute Episcopalian service began, Allemand's favorite hymn, "Amazing Grace," played; the pastor told the mourners that Trinity was the church where the reality star "found God again." Two close friends lovingly eulogized Allemand at the pulpit. Anderson (he and Allemand were struggling in their relationship at the time of her suicide) and Allemand's mother Micheletti stayed close, comforting one another throughout the service; the pair became especially emotional as they followed Allemand's casket out of the church, according to an observer.
"The family of Gia Allemand wishes to express their sincerest gratitude to all those, near and far, who have extended words of encouragement and support during this time of incredible loss," a program from the service read. " Gia was the loving girlfriend "Petri" of Ryan "Snuggy" Anderson, beloved daughter and little princess of Donna Micheletti and stepdaughter of Tony Micheletti, loving sister of Dylan and Erick, most cherished granddaughter of Marie (Nonna) Coltrinari, devoted godchild of Fred and Annemarie Coltrinari, dear cousin of Brian, Ellen, Kevin and Julie, and also survived by her dear dog Bentley."
The day before, Allemand, a native of Queens, NY, was also remembered during a wake held at Papavero Funeral Home in Maspeth; Jake Pavelka, who met Allemand when he starred on season 14 of The Bachelor in 2010, was among the attendees.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite