Gia Allemand suffered from depression, relationship problems with boyfriend, friends say
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram1 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram3 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram4 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram5 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram6 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: PF1/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 7:07:59 AM
- The Golden Globes Big Shock: They Got it RightMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:57:49 AM
- Stephen Colbert Releases Obamacare Christmas Carol Parodies (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:49:56 AM
- 'Daily Show': How Congress' Budget Deal is Like the 'Free Willy&MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:06:02 AM
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &apMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:44:10 AM
- Conan, Ice Cube, and Kevin Hart Catch a Ride With a Total Stranger (Video)
"Bachelor" fans were floored with Wednesday's tragic news that Season 14 finalist Gia Allemand had passed away at age 29 -- taking her own life by hanging herself. But new reports suggest that those closest to the Queens, New York, native saw signs of trouble.
Friends told the New York Post that the stunning model, who was taken off of life support at a New Orleans hospital on Wednesday, had long suffered from depression, and was despondent over the status of her relationship with boyfriend Ryan Anderson. Indeed, a source tells Us Weekly the former reality star, convinced that the relationship's end was near, had been planning to move from the New Orleans home she shared with Anderson, and relocate to New York to look for a job.
"I'm not that shocked, because of her ups and downs," one friend told the Post of Allemand's suicide. "She fell victim to her own perfection and they were having problems."
It was NBA star Anderson who discovered that Allemand had hung herself in her New Orleans home and called 911. "Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out, and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile," Pelicans player Anderson told Us in a statement. "She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed."
Another friend told the Post that Allemand, who also appeared in 2010's "Bachelor Pad," had abused substances, including prescription drugs. "The first thing everyone thought was prescription drugs," the friend said.
An insider tells Us that Anderson attended a wedding in Chicago this past weekend, with Allemand staying behind.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite