Gia Allemand suffered from depression, relationship problems with boyfriend, friends say
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram1 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram3 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram4 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram5 of 11
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram6 of 11
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN8 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: PF1/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: Naked DatingMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:22:00 AM
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&aMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 5:37:00 AM
- New York Times Issues Response to Wikipedia Plagiarism ChargeMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:16:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Scores With Outrageous Twitter ReactionsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Mocks Orlando Bloom With Weepy Photo: Hollywood Twitter Takes the BaitMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:29:00 PM
- Watch This Tonight: Naked Dating
"Bachelor" fans were floored with Wednesday's tragic news that Season 14 finalist Gia Allemand had passed away at age 29 -- taking her own life by hanging herself. But new reports suggest that those closest to the Queens, New York, native saw signs of trouble.
Friends told the New York Post that the stunning model, who was taken off of life support at a New Orleans hospital on Wednesday, had long suffered from depression, and was despondent over the status of her relationship with boyfriend Ryan Anderson. Indeed, a source tells Us Weekly the former reality star, convinced that the relationship's end was near, had been planning to move from the New Orleans home she shared with Anderson, and relocate to New York to look for a job.
"I'm not that shocked, because of her ups and downs," one friend told the Post of Allemand's suicide. "She fell victim to her own perfection and they were having problems."
It was NBA star Anderson who discovered that Allemand had hung herself in her New Orleans home and called 911. "Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out, and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile," Pelicans player Anderson told Us in a statement. "She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed."
Another friend told the Post that Allemand, who also appeared in 2010's "Bachelor Pad," had abused substances, including prescription drugs. "The first thing everyone thought was prescription drugs," the friend said.
An insider tells Us that Anderson attended a wedding in Chicago this past weekend, with Allemand staying behind.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite