Gia Allemand's Boyfriend Ryan Anderson mourns her death: She had an "amazing impact on my life"
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram1 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram3 of 8
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Family, friends, and fans alike are in mourning following the shocking death of Bachelor alum Gia Allemand on Wednesday, Aug. 14. Among those closest to the late reality star was her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson, who found Allemand after an apparent suicide on Monday, Aug. 12.
Anderson spoke out about his grief shortly after his 29-year-old girlfriend was taken off life support at University Hospital, New Orleans. In a personal statement to Us Weekly, he expressed gratitude for the outpouring of support and remembered Allemand as "the most beautiful person" he knew.
"I'm deeply grateful for all the love and support we have received from family, friends, and fans," the Pelicans player said in the statement. "Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out, and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile."
"She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed," he continued. "All I have left is to cherish those memories we made together and help perpetuate the many values, faith, and love that we shared."
As previously reported, Allemand was hospitalized in critical condition earlier this week after an apparent suicide attempt. She remained at University Hospital until Wednesday, when she was taken off life support "due to a critical loss of brain and organ function," a statement about her death explained.
"Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend, and other life-long friends by her side," the statement read. "Loved ones and fans will remember Gia Allemand as a caring woman who loved her family and was well-known for her compassion towards animals and mission to rescue homeless pets...On behalf of the family, we sincerely ask for privacy at this time."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite