Gia Allemand's Boyfriend Ryan Anderson mourns her death: She had an "amazing impact on my life"
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram1 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram3 of 8
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
Family, friends, and fans alike are in mourning following the shocking death of Bachelor alum Gia Allemand on Wednesday, Aug. 14. Among those closest to the late reality star was her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson, who found Allemand after an apparent suicide on Monday, Aug. 12.
Anderson spoke out about his grief shortly after his 29-year-old girlfriend was taken off life support at University Hospital, New Orleans. In a personal statement to Us Weekly, he expressed gratitude for the outpouring of support and remembered Allemand as "the most beautiful person" he knew.
"I'm deeply grateful for all the love and support we have received from family, friends, and fans," the Pelicans player said in the statement. "Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out, and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile."
"She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed," he continued. "All I have left is to cherish those memories we made together and help perpetuate the many values, faith, and love that we shared."
As previously reported, Allemand was hospitalized in critical condition earlier this week after an apparent suicide attempt. She remained at University Hospital until Wednesday, when she was taken off life support "due to a critical loss of brain and organ function," a statement about her death explained.
"Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend, and other life-long friends by her side," the statement read. "Loved ones and fans will remember Gia Allemand as a caring woman who loved her family and was well-known for her compassion towards animals and mission to rescue homeless pets...On behalf of the family, we sincerely ask for privacy at this time."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Sexy Marky Mark
Take a look back at Mark Wahlberg's best shirtless looks over the yearsWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite