Gia Allemand's Boyfriend Ryan Anderson mourns her death: She had an "amazing impact on my life"
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram1 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram3 of 8
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'A Most Wanted Man' Review: Philip Seymour Hoffman Bends the Spy Game RulesMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:57:00 PM
- Amazon Q2 Losses Larger Than AnticipatedMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:32:00 PM
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Air Jordans and Her Assets for Racy 'Anaconda' Cover (Photo)MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:27:00 PM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Review: Chris Pratt Rides Shotgun on Marvel's CMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 1:00:00 PM
- OITNB's Jason Biggs and Laura Prepon Discuss the Pros and Cons of Playing Horrible PeopleMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 12:44:00 PM
- 'A Most Wanted Man' Review: Philip Seymour Hoffman Bends the Spy Game Rules
Family, friends, and fans alike are in mourning following the shocking death of Bachelor alum Gia Allemand on Wednesday, Aug. 14. Among those closest to the late reality star was her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson, who found Allemand after an apparent suicide on Monday, Aug. 12.
Anderson spoke out about his grief shortly after his 29-year-old girlfriend was taken off life support at University Hospital, New Orleans. In a personal statement to Us Weekly, he expressed gratitude for the outpouring of support and remembered Allemand as "the most beautiful person" he knew.
"I'm deeply grateful for all the love and support we have received from family, friends, and fans," the Pelicans player said in the statement. "Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out, and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile."
"She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed," he continued. "All I have left is to cherish those memories we made together and help perpetuate the many values, faith, and love that we shared."
As previously reported, Allemand was hospitalized in critical condition earlier this week after an apparent suicide attempt. She remained at University Hospital until Wednesday, when she was taken off life support "due to a critical loss of brain and organ function," a statement about her death explained.
"Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend, and other life-long friends by her side," the statement read. "Loved ones and fans will remember Gia Allemand as a caring woman who loved her family and was well-known for her compassion towards animals and mission to rescue homeless pets...On behalf of the family, we sincerely ask for privacy at this time."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite