Gia Allemand's Boyfriend Ryan Anderson mourns her death: She had an "amazing impact on my life"
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram1 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 8
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram3 of 8
- Photo: FS2/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: PF1/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 8
- Photo: GettyImages.com7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After StandinMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- Extant Exclusive: Louis Gossett Jr. to Play Halle Berry's FatherMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:22:00 PM
- 'Believe' Review: a Good Girl in Need of Darth VaderMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:18:00 PM
- 12 Years a Slave Screenwriter "Regrets" Not Thanking Director Amid FeudMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:17:00 PM
- Quentin Tarantino vs. Gawker: Blog Seeks Dismissal, Says 'Hateful Eight' Link Was MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 2:16:00 PM
- Politician Apologizes for 'Racist' Tweet About NBA and Street Crime After Standin
Family, friends, and fans alike are in mourning following the shocking death of Bachelor alum Gia Allemand on Wednesday, Aug. 14. Among those closest to the late reality star was her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson, who found Allemand after an apparent suicide on Monday, Aug. 12.
Anderson spoke out about his grief shortly after his 29-year-old girlfriend was taken off life support at University Hospital, New Orleans. In a personal statement to Us Weekly, he expressed gratitude for the outpouring of support and remembered Allemand as "the most beautiful person" he knew.
"I'm deeply grateful for all the love and support we have received from family, friends, and fans," the Pelicans player said in the statement. "Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out, and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile."
"She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed," he continued. "All I have left is to cherish those memories we made together and help perpetuate the many values, faith, and love that we shared."
As previously reported, Allemand was hospitalized in critical condition earlier this week after an apparent suicide attempt. She remained at University Hospital until Wednesday, when she was taken off life support "due to a critical loss of brain and organ function," a statement about her death explained.
"Ms. Allemand passed away peacefully with her mother, boyfriend, and other life-long friends by her side," the statement read. "Loved ones and fans will remember Gia Allemand as a caring woman who loved her family and was well-known for her compassion towards animals and mission to rescue homeless pets...On behalf of the family, we sincerely ask for privacy at this time."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite