Gia Allemand's Mom Breaks Silence on Her Death
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram2 of 12
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram3 of 12
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram4 of 12
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram5 of 12
- Photo: GettyImages.com6 of 12
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram7 of 12
- Photo: @giaallemand/Instagram8 of 12
- Photo: PF1/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: FS2/WENN10 of 12
- Photo: GettyImages.com11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
The mother of "The Bachelor" star Gia Allemand is speaking out publicly for the first time about her daughter's death earlier this week from an apparent suicide.
In an official statement released to news outlets on Friday, Donna Micheletti said she is attempting to set the record straight after heavy media coverage of Gia's death. "There are numerous statements and theories in the media regarding Gia's death and her life that refer to sources close to Gia or friends of hers. As her mother, I am well aware of Gia's close friends and her best friends, and I am personally going on record to refute all statements to the media out there thus far, with the exception of official statements we have released through publicist Penelope Jean Hayes, and those jointly with Ryan Anderson's NBA team representation."
According to her mother, Gia "always found the good in people," but she also had certain acquaintances "she had disassociated with" who have now purported in the media to be her close friends since her passing.
"I don't like to give further publicity by mentioning names here, however there is a particular individual, Loredana Ferriolo, identifying herself as Gia's best friend and the fact is that Gia expressed directly to me that she did not trust this individual and her motives for her own public exposure," Micheletti said in her statement. "After the funeral, I do intend to speak about my dear daughter's life and death, and will do so in an open disclosure way with a trusted media source. Thank you for all those truly concerned and God bless."
Allemand passed away Wednesday in New Orleans after being discovered Monday by her boyfriend, NBA Basketball player Ryan Anderson, following an apparent suicide attempt. She remained in the hospital unconscious in critical condition and on life support until her death on Wednesday.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite