'Girls' Actress Pregnant With Second Child
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 3
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 3
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
"Girls" star Jemima Kirke is pregnant with her second child, she quietly confirmed Wednesday during the Cinema Society afterparty for Woody Allen's "To Rome With Love" in New York.
"Congratulations on your pregnancy," a New York Daily News reporter told Jemima, 27. "Thank you," she replied before admitting that she was contemplating "stealing" a woman's pasta plate.
With filming underway on the second season of "Girls," the reporter suggested that Jemima might could hide her small baby bump with a potted plant or oversized handbag. "Yeah, something like that," the pregnant star grinned.
Jemima gave birth to her first daughter, Rafaella, six weeks before filming "Girls," she told Vulture in April. "She came to set with me every day for the pilot."
Unlike her free-spirited character Jessa Johansson, Jemima, who resides in Brooklyn Heights with her attorney husband and 10-month-old daughter, is more level-headed. "My responsibilities are of an older person because I have the baby and the marriage and those things. So sometimes my problems can be heightened by the things I have to lose," she told The Wall Street Journal in March.
"In a way I kind of miss that a little bit, so I have the luxury of being able to be that girl again for an allotted time. I get to drop the whole mom/wife thing and be this confused girl. I get to act that out and I get into it and then I think, 'Thank God I'm not there right now!"
Jemima is the daughter of Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke and interior designer Lorraine Kirke. The London-born actress's other TV and film credits include "Tiny Furniture" and "Smile for the Camera."
"Girls" also stars show creator Lena Dunham, Allison Williams and Zosia Mamet.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite