'Girls' Actress Pregnant With Second Child
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 3
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 3
More Celeb News
- 'Agents of SHIELD's' Elena Satine to Join 'Revenge'MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:51:00 AM
- How 'Boyhood' Editor Sandra Adair Stitched 12 Long Years Into the Year's MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:43:00 AM
- 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' 9/11 Poster Shell Shocks Social MediaMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:14:00 AM
- Ice Cube, Dr. Dre Find Their MC Ren, DJ Yella for N.W.A. BiopicMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 11:00:00 AM
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Star Zoe Saldana Poses Nude for Women's Health MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 10:52:00 AM
- 'Agents of SHIELD's' Elena Satine to Join 'Revenge'
"Girls" star Jemima Kirke is pregnant with her second child, she quietly confirmed Wednesday during the Cinema Society afterparty for Woody Allen's "To Rome With Love" in New York.
"Congratulations on your pregnancy," a New York Daily News reporter told Jemima, 27. "Thank you," she replied before admitting that she was contemplating "stealing" a woman's pasta plate.
With filming underway on the second season of "Girls," the reporter suggested that Jemima might could hide her small baby bump with a potted plant or oversized handbag. "Yeah, something like that," the pregnant star grinned.
Jemima gave birth to her first daughter, Rafaella, six weeks before filming "Girls," she told Vulture in April. "She came to set with me every day for the pilot."
Unlike her free-spirited character Jessa Johansson, Jemima, who resides in Brooklyn Heights with her attorney husband and 10-month-old daughter, is more level-headed. "My responsibilities are of an older person because I have the baby and the marriage and those things. So sometimes my problems can be heightened by the things I have to lose," she told The Wall Street Journal in March.
"In a way I kind of miss that a little bit, so I have the luxury of being able to be that girl again for an allotted time. I get to drop the whole mom/wife thing and be this confused girl. I get to act that out and I get into it and then I think, 'Thank God I'm not there right now!"
Jemima is the daughter of Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke and interior designer Lorraine Kirke. The London-born actress's other TV and film credits include "Tiny Furniture" and "Smile for the Camera."
"Girls" also stars show creator Lena Dunham, Allison Williams and Zosia Mamet.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where Are They?
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite