'Girls' Actress Pregnant With Second Child
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 3
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Stephen Colbert Tells Female Voters to Dig the GOP 'Sausage Fest' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:24:44 AM
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Reveals First Look at Variety Show 'HitRecord on TV' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:15:10 AM
- Could it be the year newcomers dominate Grammys?MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 6:55:51 AM
- Richard Branson: Nelson Mandela's Secret Attempt to Prevent the Iraq War (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 6:52:31 AM
- Iconic Saratoga Springs, NY, restaurant for saleMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 6:14:01 AM
- Stephen Colbert Tells Female Voters to Dig the GOP 'Sausage Fest' (Video)
"Girls" star Jemima Kirke is pregnant with her second child, she quietly confirmed Wednesday during the Cinema Society afterparty for Woody Allen's "To Rome With Love" in New York.
"Congratulations on your pregnancy," a New York Daily News reporter told Jemima, 27. "Thank you," she replied before admitting that she was contemplating "stealing" a woman's pasta plate.
With filming underway on the second season of "Girls," the reporter suggested that Jemima might could hide her small baby bump with a potted plant or oversized handbag. "Yeah, something like that," the pregnant star grinned.
Jemima gave birth to her first daughter, Rafaella, six weeks before filming "Girls," she told Vulture in April. "She came to set with me every day for the pilot."
Unlike her free-spirited character Jessa Johansson, Jemima, who resides in Brooklyn Heights with her attorney husband and 10-month-old daughter, is more level-headed. "My responsibilities are of an older person because I have the baby and the marriage and those things. So sometimes my problems can be heightened by the things I have to lose," she told The Wall Street Journal in March.
"In a way I kind of miss that a little bit, so I have the luxury of being able to be that girl again for an allotted time. I get to drop the whole mom/wife thing and be this confused girl. I get to act that out and I get into it and then I think, 'Thank God I'm not there right now!"
Jemima is the daughter of Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke and interior designer Lorraine Kirke. The London-born actress's other TV and film credits include "Tiny Furniture" and "Smile for the Camera."
"Girls" also stars show creator Lena Dunham, Allison Williams and Zosia Mamet.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
Taylor Swift shares stunning photos of her time in New Zealand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite