'Girls' Actress Pregnant With Second Child
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 3
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage2 of 3
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
"Girls" star Jemima Kirke is pregnant with her second child, she quietly confirmed Wednesday during the Cinema Society afterparty for Woody Allen's "To Rome With Love" in New York.
"Congratulations on your pregnancy," a New York Daily News reporter told Jemima, 27. "Thank you," she replied before admitting that she was contemplating "stealing" a woman's pasta plate.
With filming underway on the second season of "Girls," the reporter suggested that Jemima might could hide her small baby bump with a potted plant or oversized handbag. "Yeah, something like that," the pregnant star grinned.
Jemima gave birth to her first daughter, Rafaella, six weeks before filming "Girls," she told Vulture in April. "She came to set with me every day for the pilot."
Unlike her free-spirited character Jessa Johansson, Jemima, who resides in Brooklyn Heights with her attorney husband and 10-month-old daughter, is more level-headed. "My responsibilities are of an older person because I have the baby and the marriage and those things. So sometimes my problems can be heightened by the things I have to lose," she told The Wall Street Journal in March.
"In a way I kind of miss that a little bit, so I have the luxury of being able to be that girl again for an allotted time. I get to drop the whole mom/wife thing and be this confused girl. I get to act that out and I get into it and then I think, 'Thank God I'm not there right now!"
Jemima is the daughter of Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke and interior designer Lorraine Kirke. The London-born actress's other TV and film credits include "Tiny Furniture" and "Smile for the Camera."
"Girls" also stars show creator Lena Dunham, Allison Williams and Zosia Mamet.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite