Giuliana Rancic: I Have Breast Cancer at 37
- Photo: Fern/Splash News1 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Whittle / Splash News/Splash News5 of 16
- Photo: WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP8 of 16
- Photo: WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com12 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Adam Orchon/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
Giuliana Rancic had an announcement to make during a Monday morning appearance on The Today Show -- but it wasn't the one she or anyone wanted or expected.
Instead of a happy pregnancy announcement, Rancic, 37, told Ann Curry: "I have early stage breast cancer." The "E! News" host and "Giuliana and Bill" star made the frightening discovery back in August, as she was preparing for her third attempt to get pregnant through in vitro fertilization.
Rancic explained that her doctor sternly insisted that she get a mammogram before going through with the third IVF treatment. (The pregnancy hormones could "accelerate the cancer," Rancic recalled her doctor as saying.)
The star, who said she has no family history of breast cancer, "wasn't prepared to get a mammogram until i was 40 years old," she admitted. "I never in my wildest dreams expected anything to be wrong."
When the hospital called a few days later to tell her the shocking news, Rancic admits she was immediately "sobbing ... It was like the world just crashed around me."
But a visibly emotional Rancic assured fans, "I will be OK, because I found it early. I'm doing surgery this coming week, and then I go to radiation for six and a half weeks."
At her side throughout the ordeal is husband Bill Rancic, 40. "Bill is unbelievable," Rancic gushed. "He lets me cry when I want to cry. He just lets me feel what I want to feel."
And the spouses of four years are determined to continue in their attempts to conceive once Giuliana's medical issues are resolved. "I'm not gonna give up," she said. When she does get pregnant, "That baby will have saved my life," she mused. "There's some master plan. Now I know that [God] was looking out for me."
She urged all women to get tested for breast cancer. "I think a lot of us think we're invincible," she said. "We have to start putting ourselves on the to do list."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite