'Glee' star Naya Rivera on gay rumors
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: GIA/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Xavier Collin / Retna Ltd./Wonderwall7 of 11
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Wonderwall9 of 11
- Photo: Instagram10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
Naya Rivera is best known for playing lesbian character Santana Lopez on the FOX musical hit "Glee," and now she's directly addressing public speculation about her own sexuality.
In a new interview with Latina magazine, the 26-year-old star attempts to clear up rumors. "No, I've never had a relationship with a girl, contrary to what people might think." Naya's character Santana deals with coming out as a lesbian on third season of "Glee," and is involved in a relationship with Brittany, played by Heather Elizabeth Morris.
Naya does tell the magazine she's proud to be portraying such a major gay character on TV. "There are very few ethnic LGBT characters on television, so I am honored to represent them," she said. "I love supporting this cause, but it's a big responsibility, and sometimes it's a lot of pressure on me."
In the interview she talks about her current boyfriend, rapper Big Sean, and reveals that she's never had any intention of keeping that relationship secret. "We know so many who are in the public eye dating somebody, and they're going in through back entrances and won't make eye contact with each other. That's just not us."
Naya also addresses how the cast of "Glee" is still recovering from Cory Monteith's sudden death in July from a drug overdose. "We're definitely taking it day by day. Everybody's really just leaning on each other and trying to do good work.
You can read Naya's full interview in Latina's October issue, hitting newsstands September 10.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite