'Glee' star Naya Rivera on gay rumors
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: GIA/WENN2 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: Henry Lamb/Photowire / BEImages/Rex USA4 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 11
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage6 of 11
- Photo: Xavier Collin / Retna Ltd./Wonderwall7 of 11
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA8 of 11
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Wonderwall9 of 11
- Photo: Instagram10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 4:49:15 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- 'La Cage aux Folles' Director Edouard Molinaro Dead at 85
Naya Rivera is best known for playing lesbian character Santana Lopez on the FOX musical hit "Glee," and now she's directly addressing public speculation about her own sexuality.
In a new interview with Latina magazine, the 26-year-old star attempts to clear up rumors. "No, I've never had a relationship with a girl, contrary to what people might think." Naya's character Santana deals with coming out as a lesbian on third season of "Glee," and is involved in a relationship with Brittany, played by Heather Elizabeth Morris.
Naya does tell the magazine she's proud to be portraying such a major gay character on TV. "There are very few ethnic LGBT characters on television, so I am honored to represent them," she said. "I love supporting this cause, but it's a big responsibility, and sometimes it's a lot of pressure on me."
In the interview she talks about her current boyfriend, rapper Big Sean, and reveals that she's never had any intention of keeping that relationship secret. "We know so many who are in the public eye dating somebody, and they're going in through back entrances and won't make eye contact with each other. That's just not us."
Naya also addresses how the cast of "Glee" is still recovering from Cory Monteith's sudden death in July from a drug overdose. "We're definitely taking it day by day. Everybody's really just leaning on each other and trying to do good work.
You can read Naya's full interview in Latina's October issue, hitting newsstands September 10.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite