- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks2 of 17
- Photo: CONTRAST/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks5 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 17
- Photo: Aurore Marechal/StarTraks9 of 17
- Photo: KPB/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin11 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: HRC/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: SplashNews/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
By Kat Giantis
Alec Baldwin's already short fuse with the paparazzi tends to shrink even more during significant life events, like back in 1995, when he tussled with a photographer as he returned home from the hospital with then-wife Kim Basinger and their newborn daughter, Ireland.
On Tuesday morning, he reportedly lost his temper after a New York Daily News lensman snapped him exiting the city's Marriage License Bureau with fiancée Hilaria Thomas. According to the paper, the couple had just obtained the paperwork for their upcoming nuptials, which are tipped for the last weekend of June.
Baldwin, 54, unhappy that the shutterbugs were waiting for them, began hollering at them to back up, then purportedly proceeded to mar what's supposed to be a joyous occasion by raising his fists (or, in the words of his "30 Rock" alter ego, Jack Donaghy, he let St. Patrick and St. Michael do his talking for him).
Photographer Marcus Santos claims he was just standing outside the courthouse when the Emmy winner approached wearing "an angry glare."
"He was looking mad," recalled the photog. "He said, 'Step back, step back.' I said, 'We're moving back.'"
Baldwin allegedly laid his hands on another Daily News photographer, prompting Santos to intervene.
"I said, 'Don't touch him,'" he relays to the paper. "I knew he was going to attack me. I stepped back, and he kept coming. He comes after me, starts shoving and punching me -- one time, right in the chin. And then he started shoving me, and pushing me. Then he goes the other way."
Photos from the scene show a seemingly enraged Alec yelling and shoving Santos.
The actor defended himself on Twitter, insisting the lensman kinda struck first.
"A 'photographer' almost hit me in the face with his camera this morning," he wrote. "#allpaparazzishouldbewaterboarded."
A few minutes later, he unwisely added, "I suppose if the offending paparazzi was wearing a hoodie and I shot him, it would all blow over ..."
Baldwin insiders insist to TMZ that the shutterbug nearly clipped him with the camera so he "pushed him away" but didn't throw a punch.
"As Alec and his fiancée were leaving City Hall, a 'civilian' walking in front of Alec positioned himself to obstruct the view of a photographer aggressively trying to shoot the couple," his rep explains to the Huffington Post. "The photographer was clearly frustrated, pushed past the bystander and assaulted Alec with his camera. There were no punches thrown, and any subsequent physical contact was simply Alec protecting himself."
Still, another shutterbug confirms Baldwin's fury.
"There was an eruption of mad," Goran Veljic tells the paper. "You're going to get a marriage license, you should be happy. What happened with this guy?"
Thomas, 28, a yoga instructor who has helped the actor live a healthier lifestyle, did not witness the alleged fisticuffs. Still, it's not as though she's going into this marriage without some inkling of her groom's volatility.
Baldwin's temper is well-documented, including his Words With Friends-sparked tantrum on an American Airlines flight back in December, his scuffle with photographers as he returned home from the hospital in 2010 and his ugly, insult-filled voice mail to Ireland in 2007.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite