- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: HRC/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: SplashNews/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News8 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: RWO/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
By Kat Giantis
Alec Baldwin's bitter 2001 split from Kim Basinger hasn't put him off marriage. A rep for the "30 Rock" star confirms to the Huffington Post that he's engaged to his considerably younger yoga instructor sweetheart, Hilaria Thomas.
Word is, they are "very happy."
The proposal took place this weekend on Long Island, N.Y., and it might explain Baldwin's cryptic tweets late last week, which included the one-word message "marriage" and a reference to Shakespeare's Sonnet 116.
Not familiar with that one? It begins, "Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. Love is not love/Which alters when it alteration finds/Or bends with the remover to remove/O no! It is an ever-fixed mark/That looks on tempests and is never shaken."
Yes, it seems that the mercurial actor, who turns 54 on Tuesday, is quite the romantic. He has been pretty much inseparable from the Spain-born, never-married Thomas, who is 25 years his junior, since they met in early 2011.
"I have a woman in my life who's very important to me," he declared to David Letterman in August. When the host asked Alec how long he'd known Hilaria, he quipped, "On a spiritual level, I've known her forever, Dave."
Baldwin proved his commitment by making several lifestyle changes for Thomas. In addition to selling his longtime home on the Upper West Side to move closer to the downtown yoga studio that Thomas owns, he also adopted healthier eating habits (as seen on Jack Donaghy's svelte frame this season) and began doing yoga regularly.
"Hilaria is a good influence," Alec told the Daily Beast in September. "It's the most serious thing I guess I've had in a long, long time. She really couldn't give a damn about the movie business or the television business. I don't think this is a woman who has ever watched television. I don't think she's ever seen '30 Rock.' Ever. I love that about her."
Active tweeter Baldwin also turned Thomas on to social networking, and the two frequently exchange schmoopy messages. And while even his brother Stephen says Hilaria has had a "calming effect" on him, Alec's well-known temper remains primed and ready.
A couple of weeks ago, he urged his 800,000 followers to fight back against someone who was sending Thomas "borderline" threatening messages. Faced with a deluge of angry tweets, the would-be harasser soon deleted the offending profile.
In addition to his marriage to Basinger, diehard Democrat Baldwin was briefly engaged in 1983 to diehard Republican actress Janine Turner.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite