- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: HRC/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: SplashNews/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News8 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: RWO/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Daily Show': How Congress' Budget Deal is Like the 'Free Willy&MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 6:06:02 AM
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &apMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:44:10 AM
- Palm Springs Fest Adds Canadian Films, 45 Foreign Oscar ContendersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:11:13 AM
- 'X Factor' Semifinal Borrows From NBC's 'The Voice' (ViMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 12:31:33 AM
- Hollywood Forced to Invest Heavily in New Technology to Keep Up With DemandMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:01:09 PM
- 'Daily Show': How Congress' Budget Deal is Like the 'Free Willy&
By Kat Giantis
Alec Baldwin's bitter 2001 split from Kim Basinger hasn't put him off marriage. A rep for the "30 Rock" star confirms to the Huffington Post that he's engaged to his considerably younger yoga instructor sweetheart, Hilaria Thomas.
Word is, they are "very happy."
The proposal took place this weekend on Long Island, N.Y., and it might explain Baldwin's cryptic tweets late last week, which included the one-word message "marriage" and a reference to Shakespeare's Sonnet 116.
Not familiar with that one? It begins, "Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. Love is not love/Which alters when it alteration finds/Or bends with the remover to remove/O no! It is an ever-fixed mark/That looks on tempests and is never shaken."
Yes, it seems that the mercurial actor, who turns 54 on Tuesday, is quite the romantic. He has been pretty much inseparable from the Spain-born, never-married Thomas, who is 25 years his junior, since they met in early 2011.
"I have a woman in my life who's very important to me," he declared to David Letterman in August. When the host asked Alec how long he'd known Hilaria, he quipped, "On a spiritual level, I've known her forever, Dave."
Baldwin proved his commitment by making several lifestyle changes for Thomas. In addition to selling his longtime home on the Upper West Side to move closer to the downtown yoga studio that Thomas owns, he also adopted healthier eating habits (as seen on Jack Donaghy's svelte frame this season) and began doing yoga regularly.
"Hilaria is a good influence," Alec told the Daily Beast in September. "It's the most serious thing I guess I've had in a long, long time. She really couldn't give a damn about the movie business or the television business. I don't think this is a woman who has ever watched television. I don't think she's ever seen '30 Rock.' Ever. I love that about her."
Active tweeter Baldwin also turned Thomas on to social networking, and the two frequently exchange schmoopy messages. And while even his brother Stephen says Hilaria has had a "calming effect" on him, Alec's well-known temper remains primed and ready.
A couple of weeks ago, he urged his 800,000 followers to fight back against someone who was sending Thomas "borderline" threatening messages. Faced with a deluge of angry tweets, the would-be harasser soon deleted the offending profile.
In addition to his marriage to Basinger, diehard Democrat Baldwin was briefly engaged in 1983 to diehard Republican actress Janine Turner.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite