- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com3 of 11
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: HRC/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: SplashNews/Splash News6 of 11
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/Pacific Coast News8 of 11
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage9 of 11
- Photo: RWO/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to HollywoMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'NCIS' Drafts MTV's 'Awkward' Star Nikki DeLoach (ExcluMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:59:00 PM
- OK! Magazine Dumps Digital Team, Launches Search for New Staff (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:58:00 PM
- The Wire Shutting Down and Being Folded Into Atlantic Flagship SiteMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Dallas' Cast Rallies Fans to Watch Season Finale as TNT Mulls RenewalMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 4:07:00 PM
- 'The Money Shot' Theater Review: Neil LaBute Delivers a Poison-Pen Note to Hollywo
By Kat Giantis
Alec Baldwin's bitter 2001 split from Kim Basinger hasn't put him off marriage. A rep for the "30 Rock" star confirms to the Huffington Post that he's engaged to his considerably younger yoga instructor sweetheart, Hilaria Thomas.
Word is, they are "very happy."
The proposal took place this weekend on Long Island, N.Y., and it might explain Baldwin's cryptic tweets late last week, which included the one-word message "marriage" and a reference to Shakespeare's Sonnet 116.
Not familiar with that one? It begins, "Let me not to the marriage of true minds admit impediments. Love is not love/Which alters when it alteration finds/Or bends with the remover to remove/O no! It is an ever-fixed mark/That looks on tempests and is never shaken."
Yes, it seems that the mercurial actor, who turns 54 on Tuesday, is quite the romantic. He has been pretty much inseparable from the Spain-born, never-married Thomas, who is 25 years his junior, since they met in early 2011.
"I have a woman in my life who's very important to me," he declared to David Letterman in August. When the host asked Alec how long he'd known Hilaria, he quipped, "On a spiritual level, I've known her forever, Dave."
Baldwin proved his commitment by making several lifestyle changes for Thomas. In addition to selling his longtime home on the Upper West Side to move closer to the downtown yoga studio that Thomas owns, he also adopted healthier eating habits (as seen on Jack Donaghy's svelte frame this season) and began doing yoga regularly.
"Hilaria is a good influence," Alec told the Daily Beast in September. "It's the most serious thing I guess I've had in a long, long time. She really couldn't give a damn about the movie business or the television business. I don't think this is a woman who has ever watched television. I don't think she's ever seen '30 Rock.' Ever. I love that about her."
Active tweeter Baldwin also turned Thomas on to social networking, and the two frequently exchange schmoopy messages. And while even his brother Stephen says Hilaria has had a "calming effect" on him, Alec's well-known temper remains primed and ready.
A couple of weeks ago, he urged his 800,000 followers to fight back against someone who was sending Thomas "borderline" threatening messages. Faced with a deluge of angry tweets, the would-be harasser soon deleted the offending profile.
In addition to his marriage to Basinger, diehard Democrat Baldwin was briefly engaged in 1983 to diehard Republican actress Janine Turner.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
See how Kate Hudson embraces Instagram on Celebs Gone SocialWatch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite