- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 22
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage2 of 22
- Photo: JONATHAN ERNST/Reuters3 of 22
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.4 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 22
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 22
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/WireImage7 of 22
- Photo: PMB/ZOJ/WENN8 of 22
- Photo: @iamrashidajones/Twitter9 of 22
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.10 of 22
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP11 of 22
- Photo: Michael Kovac/WireImage12 of 22
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP13 of 22
- Photo: SPH/WENN14 of 22
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images North America15 of 22
- Photo: Paul Drinkwater/NBC/Invision/AP16 of 22
- Photo: Kabik/Retna Digital17 of 22
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage18 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage19 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage20 of 22
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage21 of 22
More Celeb News
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 6:00:00 AM
- Naya Rivera marries in secretMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 5:18:36 AM
- Lisa Kudrow Tracks Down a New Season of TLC's Who Do You Think You Are?MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- First Look: Meet Grimm's Newest Wesen: Octo-Man!MSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 4:01:00 AM
- 'Fight Club 2' Coming to Comics Courtesy of Book's Author Chuck PalahniukMSNEntertainment 7/23/2014 1:49:00 AM
- 'White House Down's' Garcelle Beauvais to Star in TV One Original Movie &
We don't need another reason to adore Amy Poehler, but she's given us one anyway: She loathes selfies.
"The amount of Instagram selfies seems crazy out-of-control," the "Parks and Recreation" star tells Paper magazine. "The idea of, 'This is my face and everyone needs to see it all the time,' is so far from the privacy that people used to seek. Now everyone acts the way '80s performance artists used to act. Everybody's [edgy performance artist] Karen Finley. Everybody's like, 'This is my [lady part]! I'm gonna put s--- all over me and take pictures!'"
In an endearing "get off my lawn" moment, Poehler reminisces about life before phones became appendages and duck face became the de rigueur pose.
"When I was a kid, you'd go to a party or a punk rock show and you'd have fun, and you'd bring a camera, and you'd take pictures, and those pictures would stay inside the camera," she says. "Pictures were an addition to the experience. Now the picture is the experience. If I'm hanging out with a friend, and they take a picture of me, it's like 'Ugh.' I mean, I hate looking at pictures of myself. It immediately takes me out of the experience."
Amy, who admits she's "terrified" of having her young sons (with ex-husband Will Arnett) grow up in a time of oversharing, does her best to avoid getting sucked in, although she does have an inspirational web series titled "Smart Girls" (check it out here).
"I'm not a real social-media person. I'm not on Twitter," she explains. "I try not to read too much online because I always get my feelings hurt, even if someone's flattering you. Like somebody tweeting, 'Call me crazy, but I think Amy Poehler's attractive.' And you're like, 'OK? Thank you?' Or like someone writing, 'I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I'd have sex with Amy Poehler.'"
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Derek Hough undergoes painful physical therapy to deal with a back injury, plus more stars seek professional tune ups on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTexas Heat
From Crowd Ignite