Are Mulder and Scully Shacking Up in Real Life? The Truth Is Out ThereRelated: Hot Gossip, Romance Report
- Photo: FOX/Promotional1 of 15
- Photo: FOX/Promotional2 of 15
- Photo: Mark Mainz/AP3 of 15
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN4 of 15
- Photo: NC1/Promotional5 of 15
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News6 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 15
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 15
- Photo: WENN9 of 15
- Photo: CHRIS WEEKS/AP10 of 15
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WireImage11 of 15
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN12 of 15
- Photo: JMAB/VMAB/WENN13 of 15
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN14 of 15
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN15 of 15
By Kat Giantis
A million "X-Files" fantasies seemed to come true on Wednesday when a strange report surfaced that claimed a newly single Gillian Anderson was now living with David Duchovny in Los Angeles. Not only that, alleged a source (who we'll just call Cigarette Smoking Man), but they'd also been in "a serious relationship for some time."
Not surprisingly, the Internet was soon as excited as the Lone Gunmen at Comic-Con.
"Somewhere in 1997, a fanfic site's readers are hyperventilating," tweeted one. Enthused another, "First Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, now David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson?! I NEED AN IMMEDIATE UPDATE ON COURTENEY COX AND MATTHEW PERRY."
So, what's the truth?
Unfortunately, much as we want to believe that our favorite '90s couple has found love, and as eager as we are to reenact said love with our new-in-box "X-Files" action figures, we heeded Mulder's advice to trust no one.
We contacted Duchovny's rep, who assures Wonderwall that the romance rumors aren't true, but adds that the once (and hopefully future) co-stars are still good friends.
It's been nearly 20 years since Duchovny, 52, and Anderson, 43, shot to fame as F.B.I. agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, and the timing couldn't be better for unsubstantiated relationship rumblings, given that both are in romantic limbo.
He amicably split (again) from wife Tea Leoni in June 2011, and she just called it quits with longtime love Mark Griffiths.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Better with age
See which stars just get better with age.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
From David Beckham to Ben Affleck, check out Hollywood's hottest dads.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite