- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Edward Herrera/American Broadcasting Companies4 of 6
- Photo: ABC/Promotional5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inducteesMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:17:18 AM
- $600K taken from safe at Osteen's megachurchMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 1:01:13 AM
- Actor Chris Pine charged in New Zealand with DUIMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 11:56:21 PM
- Cameraman recounts Crocodile Hunter's last momentsMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:42:26 PM
- 'Need for Speed' Review: Aaron Paul Can't Get This Vehicle Off the LotMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 9:30:00 PM
- Leno, Murdoch among TV Hall of Fame inductees
By Kat Giantis
Kudos to Emily Maynard, who managed to squeeze one more People magazine cover story out of her fizzled, ABC-sponsored engagement to "Bachelor" headliner Brad Womack.
Maynard, 25, in a feat of logical reasoning only possible by reality show contestants, opted to open up to a national magazine in hopes of stopping "all the media speculation" so she can "move on and get back to normal" with her 6-year-old daughter.
But her failed happily-ever-after with the square-jawed Womack, who popped the question in November with a network-provided Neil Lane sparkler and made-for-TV words of love ("You're the one, Em. You're my once in a lifetime"), does have a refreshing plot twist: Her would-be groom accepts full responsibility for the bust-up.
"The demise of our relationship was completely my fault," Brad, 38, tells People.
Factors that reportedly played into their split (besides the obvious issue of picking a partner for the entertainment of couch potatoes) include geography (she lives in North Carolina; he's based in Texas) and personality conflicts ("They've had some knock-down, drag-out fights," host Chris Harrison told Ryan Seacrest).
According to Emily, they still have strong feelings, but "just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other."
Meanwhile, Maynard's attempts to "get back to normal" will also include a heart-to-heart with Harrison on the July 11 episode of "The Bachelorette." Let's hope she doesn't run into Bentley while she's in such a vulnerable state.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite