- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN1 of 6
- Photo: NC1/NYG/WENN2 of 6
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Edward Herrera/American Broadcasting Companies4 of 6
- Photo: ABC/Promotional5 of 6
More Celeb News
- VIDEO: Check Out a Clip from The Killing Season 4MSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 6:14:00 AM
- Mark Ballas and Derek Hough Try Flipping Houses in 'Mark & Derek's ExcelleMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 10:00:00 PM
- Judge Approves Los Angeles Clippers Sale to Steve Ballmer, Regardless of AppealMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:50:00 PM
- Fan Who Threatened Michael Strahan Claims His Lawyer Is Part of the IlluminatiMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:26:00 PM
- The Bachelorette Finale: Who Did Andi Choose?MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 7:05:00 PM
- VIDEO: Check Out a Clip from The Killing Season 4
By Kat Giantis
Kudos to Emily Maynard, who managed to squeeze one more People magazine cover story out of her fizzled, ABC-sponsored engagement to "Bachelor" headliner Brad Womack.
Maynard, 25, in a feat of logical reasoning only possible by reality show contestants, opted to open up to a national magazine in hopes of stopping "all the media speculation" so she can "move on and get back to normal" with her 6-year-old daughter.
But her failed happily-ever-after with the square-jawed Womack, who popped the question in November with a network-provided Neil Lane sparkler and made-for-TV words of love ("You're the one, Em. You're my once in a lifetime"), does have a refreshing plot twist: Her would-be groom accepts full responsibility for the bust-up.
"The demise of our relationship was completely my fault," Brad, 38, tells People.
Factors that reportedly played into their split (besides the obvious issue of picking a partner for the entertainment of couch potatoes) include geography (she lives in North Carolina; he's based in Texas) and personality conflicts ("They've had some knock-down, drag-out fights," host Chris Harrison told Ryan Seacrest).
According to Emily, they still have strong feelings, but "just because we love each other doesn't mean we're right for each other."
Meanwhile, Maynard's attempts to "get back to normal" will also include a heart-to-heart with Harrison on the July 11 episode of "The Bachelorette." Let's hope she doesn't run into Bentley while she's in such a vulnerable state.
RELATED ON WONDERWALL AND MSN:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite