Hef Reinstates Runaway Bride Crystal Harris to No. 1 Girl StatusRelated: Hot Gossip, Romance Report, Hugh Hefner
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Playboy/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN7 of 16
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Judy Edd/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: RWF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Judy Eddy/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: RWF/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital15 of 16
- Photo: MWB/RAG/ZOJ/WENN16 of 16
The path of true love isn't always smooth. Sometimes, it's paved with broken engagements, trash talk, an impenetrable age barrier and bulk prescriptions of Viagra.
One day after reports surfaced speculating that Hugh Hefner, 86, had taken back 26-year-old runaway bride Crystal Harris, she confirmed their reunion.
"Yes @hughhefner and I are back together," she tweeted. "Yes I am his #1 girl again. Yes we are happy. Hope that clears up any confusion! Xo."
The polyamorous Playboy mogul and robe enthusiast says the reconciliation, which comes just a year shy of their canceled wedding, wasn't entirely unexpected.
"Getting back together with Crystal Harris shouldn't be a big surprise, since I have a history of remaining close to former girlfriends," he tweeted, adding, "Shera & my other Mansion girlfriends welcomed Crystal here at dinner on Tuesday night, before playing games together."
(And he might mean actual board games: Hef just tweeted about a playing backgammon.)
And despite reports that his previous No. 1 girl, Shera "Miss November 2010" Bechard, had fled the Mansion when Harris returned, she apparently just left to visit her family.
So, who's responsible for the rekindled flames? Turns out Hef's longtime secretary steered them back together.
"It's Mary O'Conner that brought Crystal Harris back," he explained of his octogenarian assistant. "Crystal was miserable & said so. Mary told Crystal to write & tell me, which she did."
Crystal's reunion with Hef (and the spotlight) means she gets to spend more time with Charlie, the dog they once shared. After the breakup, Hefner reportedly let her keep the $90,000 engagement ring (auctioned off for half price) and a Bentley in exchange for custody of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
"Home is where the heart is," tweeted Harris, who cited Hefner's "multiple girl" lifestyle as the reason she backed out of their set-to-air-on-Lifetime nuptials five days before walking down the aisle. "Happy to be back home at the Playboy Mansion with @hughhefner and our puppy Charlie. I missed all the love and laughs."
If not the nookie.
"[It lasted] like, two seconds," she sniped to Howard Stern of Hef's ostensibly disappointing virility. "Then I was just over it. I was like, 'Ahh.' I was over it. I just, like, walked away. I'm not turned on by Hef. Sorry."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite