Kim Kardashian Engaged to Kris Humphries! Get the Question-Popping DetailsRelated: Romance Report, Kim Kardashian, Kris Humphries
- Photo: People1 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 9
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN3 of 9
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: FS2/WENN6 of 9
- Photo: Splash News7 of 9
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:51:00 AM
- 'Fast & Furious 6' Opening Day Universal's Best-Ever in U.K.MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 8:26:21 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Much Ado About Absolutely EverythingMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 7:31:58 AM
- The Curious Case of Benicio del Toro in 'Jimmy P'MSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 3:29:59 AM
- Wentworth Media Launches to Finance, Produce MoviesMSNEntertainment 5/18/2013 2:00:07 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' On $80M Pace After $21M Friday at Box Office
Warning: Do not look directly at the ring finger of Kim Kardashian's left hand without protective eyewear. The callipygian starlet's digit is now weighed down with a behemoth, eyeball-searing 20.5-carat diamond engagement ring, courtesy of her basketball beau, Kris Humphries, reports People magazine in an exclusive cover story.
The vertically mismatched couple of six months became betrothed last week in a scene straight out of a rom-com: When Kim, 30, arrived at her Beverly Hills home on May 18, the New Jersey Nets player, 26, was waiting in her bedroom.
He was down on one knee (presumably putting him eye-to-eye with his petite honey) and in front of him were red rose petals arranged to spell out, "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"
The answer came back in the affirmative.
"I didn't expect this at all," an excited Kim marvels to the mag. "I was in such shock. I never thought it would happen at home, and I never thought now."
Her shock might have had something to do with the sparkle coming off the massive, custom-made Lorraine Schwartz bauble.
Humphries reveals he had only one requirement for the ring: "I just knew I wanted it to be big."
Sources tell TMZ that the jewel, which features a 16.5-carat emerald-cut center stone surrounded by a pair of 2-carat trapezoids, is valued at a whopping $2 million.
And for those keeping track, the sparkler easily eclipses the 9-carat rock Kim's little sister, Khloe, received from her Los Angeles Lakers hubby, Lamar Odom.
RELATED VIDEO: Kris Humphries pops the question to Kim Kardashian
Soon after the question-popping, the happy couple celebrated the engagement with a family get-together arranged on the QT by Kim's mother, Kris Jenner (yes, we agree that it could get awkward for Kim having a fiancé with the same name as her mom, but moving on …).
"Kris really didn't want a big celebration, but he had jokingly told my mom he'd be fine if there were mini-horses there," shares Kim. "Later that night at the party, my mom brought out two mini-horses, covered in glitter, for us! It was hysterical!"
Kim's sisters are already kvelling over the news.
"I can't believe I was able to keep this a secret but now I can scream all I want about it! Kim is engaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!" Khloe tweeted Wednesday morning. "You deserve this happiness! Get excited baby!!!!! We r about2 celebrate!! :) Kris welcome 2the fam! Just so u know, u married all of us all!"
And there's no ring envy for Khloe: "Kims ring gave birth to my ring! LOL but my ring is perfection! Its from my Lammy."
Kourtney was equally enthusiastic.
"My sister is engaged!!! I'm squealing with excitement!" she gushed. "The princess has found her prince. I am so happy because [Kim] is happy!"
Kardashian began dating Humphries late last year, not long after she was briefly linked to Halle Berry's ex, Gabriel Aubry.
"He just has a really good heart," she recently told Us of her NBA squeeze. "There has to be trust and honesty and chemistry. If you don't have any of those, it's never going to work."
Kim is reportedly contemplating a move to New York to be closer to Kris, but that would likely come after she dives head-first into wedding planning.
Last month, Life & Style presciently quoted an insider as saying Kardashian wanted Lorraine Schwartz to design a "big diamond ring" for her that would rival the famous 33-carat Krupp diamond owned (and beloved) by her idol, Elizabeth Taylor.
"I've envisioned the whole thing," Kim bubbled to the tab about her dream aisle-walk (her second, following her "nightmare" 2000 union to Damon Thomas). "I can't wait to get married. I've found my wedding dress -- I mean, I already know what my gown is going to look like. I've thought about it all for so long. What woman hasn't thought about her wedding since she was a little girl?"
Speaking of little girls, Kim has also envisioned motherhood: "I want a big family," she says. "Three to five kids."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite