- Photo: LRR/Fame Flynet1 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Peter/NPG3 of 16
- Photo: MiamiPIXX/SBMF/Fame Flynet4 of 16
- Photo: Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.5 of 16
- Photo: RSA/ZOJ/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Brian Kersey/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: BLA/ZOJ/Ryan/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Kristincavofficial/Instagram9 of 16
- Photo: WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Brian Lindensmith/Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: Instagram12 of 16
- Photo: Daniel Boczarski/Getty Images North America13 of 16
- Photo: MICHAEL SIMON/StarTraks14 of 16
- Photo: © Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
By Kat Giantis
Mel Gibson wasn't the only celebrity to come under police scrutiny this week over a driver's license issue. On Friday, Kristin Cavallari revealed she'd been hauled into a Chicago-area police station following a traffic stop.
Unlike Mel, she confined her annoyance to Twitter.
"Who knew having a California driver's license in Illinois was a CRIME to be escorted to the police station to post bail?!?" she kvetched. "What a morning."
The reality blonde has a home base near the Windy City with her husband, Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, and their 1-year-old son, Camden.
According to the Chicago Tribune, K.Cav was nabbed for speeding while driving from Chicago to Evanston, and because of her out-of-state license, she was made to follow a motorcycle officer to the Evanston police headquarters and post $150 bond.
This is apparently standard operating procedure. Seems that if the former "Hills" blonde had carried a valid Illinois license, she could have used it to secure the bond on the speeding ticket (a $120 fine). Because there's no license reciprocity with California, she was required to go to the police station and pony up the cash.
Illinois law requires anyone who moves to the state to transfer their driver's license within 90 days.
Cavallari, however, says she shouldn't be subject to that rule. "FYI...I still have an apartment in LA so I'm a resident of California," she tweeted.
Adds a friend to E! News, "She lives in three different states: She has homes in Nashville, Los Angeles and Chicago. What is she meant to do?"
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite