- Photo: Promotional1 of 20
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com2 of 20
- Photo: Getty Images/FilmMagic3 of 20
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 20
- Photo: Alo Ceballos/FilmMagic5 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 20
- Photo: DS/RR/Fame Flynet7 of 20
- Photo: @khloekardashian/Instagram8 of 20
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN9 of 20
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/WENN10 of 20
- Photo: Promotional11 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN12 of 20
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet13 of 20
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage14 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage16 of 20
- Photo: ERIK JORDAN/StarTraks17 of 20
- Photo: khloekardashian.celebuzz.com/Promotional18 of 20
- Photo: Jean Catuffe/PacificCoastNews.com19 of 20
More Celeb News
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- Adrien Brody Does Not Lead a Normal LifeMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:33:00 PM
- 'Heroes' Alum Greg Grunberg to Guest on 'CSI'MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:01:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Supernatural' Alum Amy Gumenick as Obsessive Fan MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 11:52:00 AM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three Months
By Kat Giantis
When Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom tied the knot on Sept. 27, 2009, after a whirlwind, E!-documented romance, few expected them to last a year, never mind four. Alas, the odds of them making it to their fifth anniversary aren't looking all that good at this point.
As reports fly about the NBA player's alleged drug, alcohol and infidelity issues, Khloe has made a public declaration of independence by dropping the "Odom" from her Twitter display name. She also lopped off "Kardashian" and is now simply going by Khloe (her @KhloeKardashian handle remains unchanged).
The moniker switch follows weeks of cryptic messages hinting at her unhappiness. "I shouldn't be surprised anymore. SMH," she sighed on Wednesday. A day later, she shared this snippet from "Alice in Wonderland":
The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."
The estranged couple reportedly met up on Wednesday night after Odom returned from Palm Springs, where TMZ claims he's been on a binge. They rendezvoused at the Los Angeles-area home they once shared, but after a brief meeting, Lamar headed back to his downtown loft.
"She still wants to save their marriage; she wants him to get better, but there is a lot to work out," a source tells People. "She's taking everything one day at a time and concentrating on herself. Everything with Lamar is very unclear."
But their shaky status apparently doesn't mean he's about to let their anniversary pass without acknowledgment. TMZ reports Odom withdrew a "massive amount of cash" on Wednesday night and plans to spend "well over $100,000" on a gift for Khloe.
Seems he also wants to whisk her to Santa Barbara, but insiders say "there's no way Khloe is going anywhere with Lamar given his current state."
Radar Online, however, believes the pair will mark the occasion together. "It will be low-key, and away from the prying eyes of the public," maintains an insider.
"She never thought she would be in this position," explains the People confidant. "Two years ago she would have thought they'd be happily married with kids. It's been so hard to carry this secret and try to save not only Lamar but their marriage. It's taken a toll, but she's one fierce lady."
According to TMZ, Kardashian has been telling her inner circle, "I'm just hoping for a miracle."
Earlier this week, Lamar launched a vehement defense of Khloe and her family after his estranged father, Joe Odom, said he'd be better off without them.
"He disrespecting the ONLY FAMILY that has loved me without expecting anything in return," railed Lamar. "They are the ONLY ones that have been here consistently 4 me during this dark time. Only person 2 blame is myself."
Khloe, for her part, continues to wear her doorknob-sized wedding sparkler.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWore it Better?
From Crowd Ignite