Nixed Nuptials for Hugh Hefner and Crystal HarrisRelated: Hot Gossip, Romance Report, Hugh Hefner
- Photo: RWF/WENN1 of 22
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com2 of 22
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com3 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 22
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com6 of 22
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com7 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/AP8 of 22
- Photo: WENN9 of 22
- Photo: Chris Connor/WENN10 of 22
- Photo: Gus Ruelas/AP11 of 22
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com12 of 22
- Photo: Rachel Worth/WENN13 of 22
- Photo: Twitter/.14 of 22
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com15 of 22
- Photo: Tony Barson/WireImage.com16 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com17 of 22
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com18 of 22
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com19 of 22
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com20 of 22
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com21 of 22
More Celeb News
- Mariah Carey Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 'Good Morning America' AppearanceMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 12:09:41 PM
- Cannes: French Comedy 'Me Myself and Mum' Tops Directors' FortnightMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 11:29:11 AM
- 'Katie' Gets Latest in Series of Executive ProducersMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 11:03:01 AM
- D.C. Broadcasters Sue Aerokiller for Copyright InfringementMSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 10:52:57 AM
- Relativity, Weinstein Co. Negotiating to Acquire Troubled 'Jane Got a Gun'MSNEntertainment 5/24/2013 10:47:49 AM
- Mariah Carey Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction During 'Good Morning America' Appearance
They were just like Romeo and Juliet, if Romeo had been a lady-killing octogenarian and Juliet liked to pose nekkid. Now, tragedy has struck the planned weekend wedding of Hugh Hefner, 85, and Crystal Harris, 25.
"The wedding is off," Hef tweeted Tuesday afternoon. "Crystal has had a change of heart."
TMZ says the would-be bride has beat a hasty retreat from the Playboy Mansion and called off Saturday's ceremony. No word on whether the 300 or so invited guests have been told to return their gravy boats and gift baskets of Viagra.
Sources deep inside the Grotto claim the May-Paleolithic-era lovebirds had a "nasty argument" over the phone last weekend, which prompted Crystal to cancel the reportedly prenup-free vow-swap on Tuesday morning and exit the Mansion.
"The split was a mutual decision," Harris's manager tells People, "and the two remain good friends."
The nixed nuptials coincidentally come just as Harris releases her debut single, "Club Queen," and new Funny or Die video, which features helpful hints for hot chicks dating older men.
So, are these crazy kids trying to build anticipation for their aisle-walk, which had been scheduled to air next month on Lifetime, or could it be that the six-decade age difference actually posed a problem?
"There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth," Harris tweeted Monday night, "not going all the way, and not starting."
But is that bit of philosophizing related to whispers that she's taken up with Dr. Phil's son, Jordan McGraw? "Entertainment Tonight" says Crystal and Jordan are now dating, and he was the one who convinced her to put the kibosh on the wedding.
The two were first linked in March, when Life & Style spied record producer Jordan kissing Crystal's shoulder and trying to hold her hand (the one with her massive engagement ring) at the Chateau Marmont in Los Angeles. A Playboy rep insisted it was just a "business relationship."
Hef, who popped the question last Christmas with a ring nestled in a "Little Mermaid"-themed music box, has certainly been gung-ho about tying the knot for the third time (his first divorce came in 1959), insisting he and Crystal have tons in common.
"Yes, there's a certain 'student-teacher' quality to our relationship, but surrounding myself with young people helps keep me younger," he recently told the London Telegraph. "Plus, you know, you reach a point where you think, 'Maybe it's time to settle down.'"
The stacked-blonde-loving icon insists he's "totally capable of being a good husband. I can be devoted, sensitive …"
When asked if he can also be faithful, he responds in the affirmative, but with a caveat.
"Absolutely. I do think that monogamy's … possible," says Hef. "I just don't think it's the natural way of things."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Tori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
Gwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Robert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite