Two-Timing Rumor du Jour: Anderson Cooper's Private Life Goes PublicRelated: Hot Gossip, Romance Report, Anderson Cooper
- Photo: Pacific Coast News1 of 8
- Photo: ADAM NEMSER/StarTraks2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Diane Cohen/Fame Pictures/Fame Flynet4 of 8
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com8 of 8
Last month, when Anderson Cooper confirmed what everyone already knew ("The fact is, I'm gay, always have been, always will be, and I couldn't be any more happy, comfortable with myself, and proud"), he noted how he's a "reserved person" and hoped that his acknowledgment didn't signal "an end to a small amount of personal space."
Alas, that turned out to be wishful thinking. Earlier this week, photos emerged showing his rumored live-in love, bar owner Ben Maisani, enjoying a steamy make out session in a New York park with someone other than the Silver Fox.
The shades-of-Kristen-Stewart-like images raised plenty of questions, including whether Cooper, 45, and Maisani, 39, had quietly called it quits, or if they had some sort of romantic understanding.
Life & Style, however, says that's not the case, claiming the pair were on vacation together when the saliva-swapping images surfaced.
"Anderson was with Ben in Croatia when he was told about the photos," relays a source. "They were on a yacht. They flew to Croatia on Aug. 11, one day after the photos were taken. Anderson's upset -- who wouldn't be?"
No word on whether there was a "man overboard" situation when the picture news broke.
According to the mag, Anderson and Ben didn't have an open relationship, and the photos have the CNN journalist "reeling."
The New York Daily News agrees that Cooper is upset, but chalks it up to Maisani's lack of discretion rather than his passionate lip-lock.
"The pictures are what's making it a big deal," asserts an insider, who believes that the couple of three-plus years have a less-than-restrictive relationship.
Meanwhile, the National Enquirer (we know, we know) recently speculated that A.Coop planned to pop the question to Maisani, with a confidant gushing, "They're totally committed to one another."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
- 7 of Rihanna's Worst Looks
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite