'Growing Pains' Star Talks Life After Stardom
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage1 of 4
- Photo: E.J. Camp/American Broadcasting Companies2 of 4
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 4
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
After starring in the hit TV series "Growing Pains," Jeremy Miller went through some pain in his own life, and he shared his story of addiction to recovery in a sit-down with Brooke Anderson.
"I'm glad I did not own a gun, because I hated myself so thoroughly that I would have done something very stupid," said Miller, admitting that there were nights where he could have come close to attempting suicide.
According to Miller, he was already drinking by age 4. When the show ended, he started binge drinking. Miller described his darkest days to Brooke, saying, "I'd rush immediately to the liquor store to get something -- usually two or three cans of high-gravity malt liquor and then by noon I'd be working on a pint of whatever I decided to buy -- bourbon, vodka. By the evening I'd be working on another."
His actions eventually affected his family.
"My boys were afraid of me," said Miller.
Now, Miller says he's lost the desire to drink thanks to an anti-alcoholism drug injected under his skin containing Naltrexone. The implant treatment is not FDA approved and the cost is about $25,000 all together with counseling and life therapy.
Miller is now a patient advocate at the Start Fresh Recovery clinic in Santa Ana, Calif.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite