- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage1 of 5
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage2 of 5
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage3 of 5
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage4 of 5
More Celeb News
- 'Great Gatsby' Edges 'Iron Man 3,' 'Star Trek Into DarkMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 11:04:27 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: The Coen Brothers Make People Forget About Their Wet SocksMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 9:58:08 AM
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Can't Hit Warp Speed at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 8:50:20 AM
- Ben Affleck on 'SNL': Oscar Speech Apology Is Hard Work (Video)MSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 7:34:23 AM
- What is Jewish Humor? Justin Timberlake 'Smells a Trap' for Coen Brothers in CanneMSNEntertainment 5/19/2013 5:13:00 AM
- 'Great Gatsby' Edges 'Iron Man 3,' 'Star Trek Into Dark
It's been 12 long years since Jason Biggs and Shannon Elizabeth first showed the world how (not) to use a web cam, since Alyson Hannigan explained the fun stuff that can happen at band camp, and since Eddie Kaye Thomas went cougar-hunting with Stifler's mom in "American Pie." During that time, a lot has changed for Thomas, who currently stars in HBO's "How to Make It in America."
"Everyone has grown up," he tells Wonderwall of the star-studded cast, who recently reunited to film "American Reunion." "Jason Biggs and I are very good friends, but otherwise, I don't really see much of those guys at all, so I was really excited to see everybody."
These days, Thomas is more focused on white-collar crime and a collapsing Wall Street -- hardly the slice of American pie that fans are used to seeing -- as he tackles the role of hedge fund manager David Kaplan in "How to Make It in America." In the show's second season, which premieres Oct. 2, the actor says things will get complicated.
"Everyone's situations are a bit more serious," he said. "And you get to see some dirtier sides of everyone. We find out what Kid Cudi is doing besides just hanging out all the time, love lives are getting more interesting, and there's a little bit of a grittier look at New York. As the season goes on, [my character] gets himself into pretty bad stuff."
Remember when life was simple -- when all that mattered was making sure you didn't go to college a virgin? Well, Thomas got to relive those days while filming "American Reunion," set to hit theaters in the spring.
"We had a really wonderful time," said Thomas, who was tight-lipped about the movie. "We all click and have a very unique relationship and share a really special thing."
A triple threat this summer, Thomas filmed "How to Make It" and "Reunion" back to back and is currently starring in an Off-Broadway production called "The Submission" until Oct. 22. His only break was a few days at Lollapalooza, where he reconnected with the music scene.
"It was amazing," he said of the music festival. "There's a lot of great new music happening. That's kind of my yearly catch-up, to not listen to the same old [stuff] over and over again. I go to Lollapalooza or Coachella and find out what I should be listening to. After Lollapalooza, I discovered Foster the People, who are really starting to blow up; My Morning Jacket gave an incredible show and there was a great local [Chicago] band named Kids These Days that might have been my favorite show there. It's a pretty eclectic group that I listen to, but I just try to go for the stuff that tickles me."
With just a few days off between gigs, Thomas has been a busy guy, but switching gears hasn't been a problem for him, mainly because he hasn't had time to worry about it.
"I'm pretty blessed this year to just jump right in it, and you kind of don't have a chance to think," he said. "I just show up for work and do the best I can."
While fans will be seeing a lot of Thomas in the near future, he's probably the only thing that his characters have in common.
"They've definitely got the same actor playing the role," he said. "I don't see ['American Pie' character] Finch in that ['How to Make It in America'] world, but I think I'm probably the least objective person to ask that question to. I'm sure there is some similarity because it's definitely me doing it, but it's definitely different universes. It will be interesting to see what people think."
"How to Make It in America" premieres Oct. 2 on HBO and "The Submission" opens tonight and runs at the MCC Theater in New York City until Oct. 22.
Selena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersMiranda Kerr, Katy Perry, and Bjork all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Wants PrivacySelena Gomez doesn't like everyone knowing about her relationship with Justin Bieber, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Baby FaceCheck out the first pic of Malin Akerman's son -- a closeup of his adorable face -- on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite