Jon Hamm blasts Hilton, Kardashian
- Photo: DDAA/ZOB/WENN1 of 11
- Photo: Enrique RC/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 11
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: BAR/Startraksphoto.com/StarTraks4 of 11
- Photo: Will Alexander/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks6 of 11
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.9 of 11
- Photo: Dave Proctor/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Michael Wright, Programming Head for TBS and TNT, to ExitMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:41:00 PM
- NASCAR Driver Tony Stewart Returning to Competition This WeekendMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Tracy Morgan Is "Having a Tough Time" Recuperating, Lawyer SaysMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:19:00 PM
- Johnny Knoxville Signs First Look Deal With ABC StudiosMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 3:11:00 PM
- 'Longmire' Canceled by A&EMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 1:58:00 PM
- Michael Wright, Programming Head for TBS and TNT, to Exit
Actor Jon Hamm has accused Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton of making stupidity fashionable.
The "Mad Men" star is dismayed at the dumbing-down of celebrity culture in recent years, and he's singled out hotel heiress Hilton and reality TV star Kardashian as emblematic of the problem.
MORE: Hottest Dudes in Suits
Hamm tells Britain's Elle magazine, "We're at a place where the idea of being 'elite' is somehow considered a negative. Whether it's Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or whoever, stupidity is certainly celebrated. Being a f------ idiot is a valuable commodity in this culture because you're rewarded significantly. And incuriousness has become cool. ... It's celebrated. It doesn't make sense to me."
MORE: Celebrity Poker Stars
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite