Jon Hamm: I'm no Brad Pitt
- Photo: WENN1 of 11
- Photo: © Byron Purvis / AdMedia //Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: © Tony DiMaio/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: GENIUS/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin6 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: AP1/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a DocumentaryMSNEntertainment 4/20/2014 6:07:00 AM
- Tribeca Docs on Government Spying: 'What Was Illegal Under Nixon Is Legal Under Obama&aMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 9:25:00 PM
- Cloning Around: Orphan Black Resurrects the (Presumed) DeadMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:00:00 PM
- High School Student Suspended For Having the Balls to Ask Miss America to PromMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus Postpones Bangerz Tour After Allergic Reaction to AntibioticsMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 3:13:00 PM
- New Lego Movie Hits Tribeca But This One's a Documentary
Jon Hamm is baffled by compliments about his good looks, insisting he's no Brad Pitt.
RELATED: Eye Candy: Jon Hamm
The "Mad Men" star has garnered a huge female fanbase since shooting to fame as Don Draper in the hit TV series, and he is regularly considered one of the sexiest men in Hollywood.
But the actor admits he's taken aback by the interest in his image, and just wants to be recognized as a good actor.
He tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "I don't necessarily think of myself like the handsome guy. That's reserved for Brad Pitt and Ryan Reynolds and those guys. It's certainly nice when people say nice things about you, don't get me wrong. I guess I never really thought of myself that way. I just wanted to be a regular person and try to portray parts as varied as I could."
RELATED: Celebs Goofing Around on Set
And Hamm admits he also struggles to come to term with his fame.
"It's a weird experience to go through something like this, especially when it happens so fast. It seemed like 'Mad Men' sort of hit overnight and was this crazy sensation. We won the Golden Globe and I won the Golden Globe, and we won the Emmy and all this stuff happened, and you think, 'Oh my God this is a crazy swirl'. I live a pretty stable life. I mean, I have a relationship and a house and a dog, and it's kind of like, 'Well, now we are living a life that has this weirdness in it.' It is a strange shift."
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's 2014 Royal Tour on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
The Kind Mama
The actress and New York Times best-selling author talks to WW's Chris Gardner about her new book, "The Kind Mama," having more kids, and a "Clueless" sequel...Watch Video »
Get the scoop inside Porsha Williams and Kenya Moore's fight and much more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the details inside Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin's shocking split on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite