Jon Hamm: I'm no Brad Pitt
- Photo: WENN1 of 11
- Photo: © Byron Purvis / AdMedia //Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: © Tony DiMaio/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: GENIUS/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin6 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: AP1/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Jon Hamm is baffled by compliments about his good looks, insisting he's no Brad Pitt.
RELATED: Eye Candy: Jon Hamm
The "Mad Men" star has garnered a huge female fanbase since shooting to fame as Don Draper in the hit TV series, and he is regularly considered one of the sexiest men in Hollywood.
But the actor admits he's taken aback by the interest in his image, and just wants to be recognized as a good actor.
He tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "I don't necessarily think of myself like the handsome guy. That's reserved for Brad Pitt and Ryan Reynolds and those guys. It's certainly nice when people say nice things about you, don't get me wrong. I guess I never really thought of myself that way. I just wanted to be a regular person and try to portray parts as varied as I could."
RELATED: Celebs Goofing Around on Set
And Hamm admits he also struggles to come to term with his fame.
"It's a weird experience to go through something like this, especially when it happens so fast. It seemed like 'Mad Men' sort of hit overnight and was this crazy sensation. We won the Golden Globe and I won the Golden Globe, and we won the Emmy and all this stuff happened, and you think, 'Oh my God this is a crazy swirl'. I live a pretty stable life. I mean, I have a relationship and a house and a dog, and it's kind of like, 'Well, now we are living a life that has this weirdness in it.' It is a strange shift."
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Malin Akerman, Courtney Love, and Florence Welch all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite