Jon Hamm: I'm no Brad Pitt
- Photo: WENN1 of 11
- Photo: © Byron Purvis / AdMedia //Retna Ltd.2 of 11
- Photo: © Tony DiMaio/Retna Ltd.3 of 11
- Photo: GENIUS/WENN4 of 11
- Photo: WENN5 of 11
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin6 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: AP1/WENN10 of 11
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 5:56:00 AM
- Cate Blanchett Was Right: Women Making Little-to-No Progress in Landing Major Movie RolesMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 12:01:00 AM
- President Obama to Appear on Zach Galifianakis' 'Between Two Ferns'MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 9:11:00 PM
- Oscar Winner '12 Years a Slave' Spikes 75% at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:59:00 PM
- Trophy Wife's Wedding Spectacular Promises Flashbacks and The MuppetsMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 6:29:00 PM
- 'Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Sells 3.9 Million Discs, Digital Sales Soar 40%
Jon Hamm is baffled by compliments about his good looks, insisting he's no Brad Pitt.
RELATED: Eye Candy: Jon Hamm
The "Mad Men" star has garnered a huge female fanbase since shooting to fame as Don Draper in the hit TV series, and he is regularly considered one of the sexiest men in Hollywood.
But the actor admits he's taken aback by the interest in his image, and just wants to be recognized as a good actor.
He tells the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, "I don't necessarily think of myself like the handsome guy. That's reserved for Brad Pitt and Ryan Reynolds and those guys. It's certainly nice when people say nice things about you, don't get me wrong. I guess I never really thought of myself that way. I just wanted to be a regular person and try to portray parts as varied as I could."
RELATED: Celebs Goofing Around on Set
And Hamm admits he also struggles to come to term with his fame.
"It's a weird experience to go through something like this, especially when it happens so fast. It seemed like 'Mad Men' sort of hit overnight and was this crazy sensation. We won the Golden Globe and I won the Golden Globe, and we won the Emmy and all this stuff happened, and you think, 'Oh my God this is a crazy swirl'. I live a pretty stable life. I mean, I have a relationship and a house and a dog, and it's kind of like, 'Well, now we are living a life that has this weirdness in it.' It is a strange shift."
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite