Hayden Panettiere: Amanda Knox Case a 'Nightmare'
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 21
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage.com2 of 21
- Photo: Promotional3 of 21
- Photo: John Salangsang/Splash News4 of 21
- Photo: StarTracksPhoto/.5 of 21
- Photo: JMA/Splash News6 of 21
- Photo: WENN7 of 21
- Photo: WENN8 of 21
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage9 of 21
- Photo: Fallen Star/PacificCoastNews.com10 of 21
- Photo: WENN11 of 21
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com12 of 21
- Photo: Koji Sasahara/Invision/AP13 of 21
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolov/WENN14 of 21
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com15 of 21
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News16 of 21
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com17 of 21
- Photo: WENN/Invision/AP18 of 21
- Photo: INB/Wonderwall19 of 21
- Photo: AO1/WENN20 of 21
More Celeb News
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter PanMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:17:10 AM
- Ventura: Mixed emotions about defamation suit winMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:53:17 AM
- Rabe, Wolcott, Bidart among winners of PEN awardsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 6:06:25 AM
- Watch This Tonight: Sharknado 2MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:49:00 AM
- What's a group selfie? Usie (pronounced uss-ee)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 5:22:22 AM
- Allison Williams headed skyward as NBC's Peter Pan
Hayden Panettiere, who played Amanda Knox in the Lifetime movie "Amanda Knox: Murder on Trial in Italy," describes the experience as "surreal" and says she feels that, in a way, she's "walked a mile" in Amanda's shoes.
RELATED: Celeb Protesters
"It would be very hard for me not to feel some sort of joy for a young girl to have a second chance at life, regardless of what happened," Hayden tells Movie Line. "It's such a complicated case, and there are so many things that were just done really improperly. It's horrific. It's really horrifying, some of the things that they did."
RELATED: Real Celeb Heroes
Hayden said Amanda has now gotten a second chance at life after her acquittal and release from an Italian prison after being incarcerated for nearly four years. "I hope that she makes the best of it."
Of the Amanda Knox verdict, Hayden said: "Guilt or innocence, I don't think anyone will ever know exactly what happened. It's such a confusing case. I hope no one gets mad at me for saying that there's a certain gift to be taken out of an experience like that, but it's kind of human nature to have your sense of appreciation for things dulled over time."
The "Heroes" star said she can't imagine the full extent of Amanda's ordeal. "I'm sure it's been a nightmare for this girl, and I'd never try to imagine what she's been through and how she feels, but there's something to be said for getting that second chance."
More from ETonline.com:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Gisele Bundchen to Channing Tatum, see which celebs introduced their babies on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite