Hayden Panettiere, Scotty McKnight break up
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Taylor Hill/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Digital5 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America7 of 13
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ratings: 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Debut Drops 58 Percent From Last YearMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 9:02:00 AM
- Martin O'Donnell, 'Halo' Composer, Fired by Bungie 'Without CausMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:53:00 AM
- 'Game of Thrones' Breaks Its Own Piracy Record With Purple Wedding EpisodeMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:20:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Reviews: Is the Johnny Depp Thriller Trippy or Tedious?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 8:17:00 AM
- The View to Unite All 11 Co-Hosts for Barbara Walters FarewellMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 7:23:00 AM
- Ratings: 'Celebrity Wife Swap' Debut Drops 58 Percent From Last Year
Hayden Panettiere is back on the market.
The "Nashville" star, 23, has split from Scotty McKnight, her boyfriend of more than a year, sources confirm to Us Weekly.
Insiders say that distance and different personalities played a part in the split but that the couple remain on good terms.
In October 2011, the "Heroes" alumna opened up to Us about dating McKnight, who previously played for the New York Jets.
"I've always been that girl who has a lot of dude friends," she told Us. "I'm into sports, so Scotty and I have a lot in common."
The "Scream 4" star does indeed have a sporty side. She and McKnight first stepped out together in June 2011, just weeks after she split from Ukrainian boxer Wladimir Klitschko, whom she dated for two years. But she insists she doesn't limit her dating pool to just athletes. (The actress also previously romanced actor Milo Ventimiglia and "Hills" star Stephen Colletti.)
"See, I date two athletes and then people assume I only like athletes, but if I dated all actors, people wouldn't say anything," Panettiere joked to Us in 2011. "But I like it. It's been a really cool thing because they're in similar circles, where they understand the schedule, the work ethic, the social aspect, but they're not exactly in your industry, so it works out well."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
MTV Red Carpet
Get a front-row seat to the 2014 MTV Movie Awards with Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon debuts his latest hairstyle -- a skunk-colored ‘do -- on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite