Hayden Panettiere, Scotty McKnight break up
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Taylor Hill/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Digital5 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America7 of 13
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
Hayden Panettiere is back on the market.
The "Nashville" star, 23, has split from Scotty McKnight, her boyfriend of more than a year, sources confirm to Us Weekly.
Insiders say that distance and different personalities played a part in the split but that the couple remain on good terms.
In October 2011, the "Heroes" alumna opened up to Us about dating McKnight, who previously played for the New York Jets.
"I've always been that girl who has a lot of dude friends," she told Us. "I'm into sports, so Scotty and I have a lot in common."
The "Scream 4" star does indeed have a sporty side. She and McKnight first stepped out together in June 2011, just weeks after she split from Ukrainian boxer Wladimir Klitschko, whom she dated for two years. But she insists she doesn't limit her dating pool to just athletes. (The actress also previously romanced actor Milo Ventimiglia and "Hills" star Stephen Colletti.)
"See, I date two athletes and then people assume I only like athletes, but if I dated all actors, people wouldn't say anything," Panettiere joked to Us in 2011. "But I like it. It's been a really cool thing because they're in similar circles, where they understand the schedule, the work ethic, the social aspect, but they're not exactly in your industry, so it works out well."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite