Hayden Panettiere, Scotty McKnight break up
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Taylor Hill/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Getty Images North America3 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Byron Purvis/Retna Digital5 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America7 of 13
- Photo: Gardiner Anderson/Bauer-Griffin8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News12 of 13
More Celeb News
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court saysMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Writing and Producing His Own Projects to CreatMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:45:00 PM
- Jeff Blake's Departure at Sony Leaves Amy Pascal With No One Else to BlameMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: Chicago Fire's Triangle, a Scandal Death and Sleepy Sneakiness MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:40:00 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- John Travolta cannot stop ex-pilot's tell-all lawsuit, court says
Hayden Panettiere is back on the market.
The "Nashville" star, 23, has split from Scotty McKnight, her boyfriend of more than a year, sources confirm to Us Weekly.
Insiders say that distance and different personalities played a part in the split but that the couple remain on good terms.
In October 2011, the "Heroes" alumna opened up to Us about dating McKnight, who previously played for the New York Jets.
"I've always been that girl who has a lot of dude friends," she told Us. "I'm into sports, so Scotty and I have a lot in common."
The "Scream 4" star does indeed have a sporty side. She and McKnight first stepped out together in June 2011, just weeks after she split from Ukrainian boxer Wladimir Klitschko, whom she dated for two years. But she insists she doesn't limit her dating pool to just athletes. (The actress also previously romanced actor Milo Ventimiglia and "Hills" star Stephen Colletti.)
"See, I date two athletes and then people assume I only like athletes, but if I dated all actors, people wouldn't say anything," Panettiere joked to Us in 2011. "But I like it. It's been a really cool thing because they're in similar circles, where they understand the schedule, the work ethic, the social aspect, but they're not exactly in your industry, so it works out well."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Kim Kardashian, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite